sudden on set

Posted , 6 users are following.

i really dont know whats caused this. perhaps shear exhaustion and lack of sleep but i am get all thevwrongntypes of thoughts. feeling like just giving up, i am good at holdingit together but things are just getting heavy andbto much. im seeing doc tommorrow but right nowbjust wish the pain and stressvwould go away

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jimmy-UK-Lanks,

Lack of sleep will definitely be one cause for the extra stress in your life. How much sleep are you getting? Have you been diagnosed with any mental health condition yet? Personally I suffer from bi-polar illness and have a hard time getting to sleep at a decent hour. I rarely get the 7 or 8 hours of sleep that I need. This leads me to bouts of mania. I often get racing thoughts which al in all make me unhappy with the high dosages of medication that I am on. I've dicussed this with my doctor but he is reluctant to reduce my medications. Personally, I think that I am over medicated. Does this apply to you?

• Posted

I dont think I am over medicated in fact I on quite a low dose of venflaxine. I was on mitazapine, which was losing its efficay so i got moved right up to a high dose of 45mg that made extremely distressed and my thoughts were very dark.
  • Posted

Lack of sleep is the worst, if you can try a nap in the chair. I am sleeping chronically at the.min.

Weather too bad to let cats out and all I can hear is meow...meow....stupid cats could be blown to kingdom come xx

• Posted

I am tending to be tired up until around 2 pm then I get less and less tired until around 10pm.
  • Posted

Do feel your pain Jimmy. I just wish there was a magic wand I could wave. Lack of deep sleep doesn't help either. I know because I am struggling and find myself awake in the early hours of the morning. I just seem a bit detached from the pressures of the world. Quite happy to sit here and look at things that need doing. Which is not me! It is the illness so be kind on yourself and it just takes time to pass. Try and rest today. If you are at home take a snooze in the chair. Hope the day goes better for you xx
    • Posted

I have seen GP this morning and also a Personal Wellbeing Practitioner, who is organising 1 to 1 counselling and loads of other positive things to help me get thru. Divorce and Spinal Damage have really messed me up. I some time wonder why I bother trying to be amicable when others are so spiteful
  • Posted

Hi jimmy

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad, I've been there and its not nice.  A build up of pressure and lack of sleep can def do that to you and you're doing the right thing going to speak to the doctor just make sure you are completely open with them although it is hard when youre not sure why yourself. 

With me I was suffering from depression  but didn't realise as outwardly I would seem the most unlikely person (and I m no doctor but your post sounds familiar). It is an illness and like a broken leg you need rest and time to recover without pressurising yourself to get things done. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time. You may need medication if it is that. 

See what doctor says, they should be able to help. You could try  sleep aid (I use snsbrys own brand) which you can get from pharmacy,  that helps me sleep). A little sleep can go a long way to help. 

In the meantime is there anyone you can talk to? If not and your thoughts get very dark don't hesitate to call for help,  samaritans or even nhs direct could put you on to someone who can help. 

You're not alone in this feeling,  ive been surprised to find how many people I know have been through this  when ive opened up about it.

Take care of yourself,  hope you're feeling brighter soon. The pain and stress will go in time. 

• Posted

Hi Vix,

yeah Im on meds and today i have seen a Stress Therapist who is putting me forward for 1 to 1 counselling as well.

I have been on here and empathizing with other thinking I am ok, and then just last night it was like a huge black cloud of doom...

• Posted

Sorry im still getting the hang of all the different forum sections :-) Bless you, theres no rhyme or reason to it is there? I had a great start to the week felt almost normal then today lots of random tears.

Great news on the one to one,  hopefully that will help more. 

How you feeling now? I always find evenings much calmer....

• Posted

At the moment I just feel exhausted, its sad I really want to move on after my divorce and meet people, maybe a new sole mate but got so much baggage and no rest from ex who seems to enjoy sending solicitor letters that are full of @h1t, to get a reaction. Even my own solicitor is looking at it think what is she on.

The sad thing is Im not one for arguing as much more would just prefer to sort things, of course only if they are factually correct. I cant fix something that is not true, i cant even comment on it either. Stress Stress Stress

• Posted

I think divorces are generally always messy, brings out the worst in people. You'll get through it in time. Did you try the sleep aid to help at night?

Concentrate on feeling better. Think illness and medication just like to remind me they're there now an and again, I need to accept the bad days are part of it :-(

Hope the sun shines through that dark cloud for you soon. Take care.

Vix

• Posted

I can but hope, my solicitor is sorting this out for me as you are right in saying divorce brings worse out in people. 
  • Posted

Sleep is slightly improving at least although have 4 or 5  moments that I wake for about 20 minute periods. Saw a lovely Personal welbeing Practioner who really was supportive and has got me a suitable counsellor who can help with all my depression triggers
    • Posted

Hi Jimmy.  I am so glad you saw a Personal Wellbeing Practioner who is supportive and will be seeing a counsellor.  I do hope things improve for you.  You deserve it.

Take care and keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Will do , but I can say that the PWPS in my area are very good and very helpful. The key is they listen before they start trying to fix a problem
    • Posted

I live in Dorset but never had a Personal Wellbeing Practioner, but I guess that is what in my days was called a Psychiatric Nurse, who used to visit me in my home when I was as low as can be with depression. 

My daughter, bless her, is training to be a counsellor because she has been through so much with me.  She has a demanding full time job but in her own time, and at great expense, is training to be a counsellor to help others like me with depression and other problems. 

• Posted

I have family and friends who work in the Inpatients Mental Health hospital wards, Ward Managers, Staff Nurse and Hca. Its a tough and demanding job but very rewarding if you see the clients come thru to the recovery they need. 

Talking about Personal Wellbeing Practioner, i think the role was created as a step up fro Psychiatric Nurse, as they have more powers to review your needs and they deal closely with your gp on your meds. They are specifically trained on the medication and the levels that side effect and management should be at.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.