Sudden pain after 11 months post surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, new to this group! I had ORIF on my left ankle Jan 8th 2021. the past two months have been great, as Ive finally been able to walk normally. but last week, while I was walking, I felt a strong pain coming back in my ankle. Nothing happened to cause this, no fall, no twist, just same ole walking. Now it comes and goes, but it is so bad I can't put weight on it. Its almost like I need to crack my ankle like you would crack you back, but I cant. Does anyone know about this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hello! Im 6 months post op. i have not had this exact situation, however i have been having random throbbing at night. It also feels like i need to pop it (which i don't want to do for obvious reasons). The pain is so bad it woke me up out of my sleep. You're not alone! But i don't know why the pain is happening.

• Edited

I had that, too! I think its tendinitis. It will go away as quickly as it comes back. Super painful. Try ice and ibuprofen and rest the next day and see if that helps. I still get it a lot especially after I've been on my feet a long time. I am a teacher so it's unavoidable. I need to get better shoes, too!

• Posted

I'll be a year out from surgery in a week. I also developed sharp pain on the inside of my foot a couple months ago right around the time I was cleared to try small hops and light jogging. My ortho diagnosis me with posterior tibial tendonitis, put me back in PT and prescribed a orthotic. 😦 I'm only a few weeks in anf just got my orthotic so but I'm literally PRAYING this helps and I will one day be able to run and jump again!

• Posted

Ugh, this process is so frustrating. I had tendinitis as well. It is so painful it almost feels like another broken bone. Two days of rest, ice, ibuprofen helped so much. But now I've developed plantar fasciitis in the other foot so badly that it aches while I'm sleeping! I know I'm complaining right now but I am so tired of waiting to get back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.