Sudden pain has woke me

Posted , 5 users are following.

What shall I do ? I'm 10 post op,chad a tvt and anterior. Been feeling great last few days, no pain at all then suddenly tonight I've been woken by pain low down, right hand side pretty much behind my outside my tvt stitch which has always been quite tight and pulling in anyway. What is this pain can hardly move, all on one side and feels like it did when I woke up from surgery.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

If it is very bad maybe go to emergency department
    • Posted

Oh really? It's strange as I have had no pain for days, then suddenly all in one side, back on pain killers. Had had a cold and cough. feels muscle related. Still weeing ok. No temperature or discharge etc. I'll see how painkillers help. Did go for a longer walk yesturday also and don't honk the sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose has helped. Really don't fancy sitting in a&e 😢

• Posted

Hope it's settling kelly. I would take your painkillers and rest first before you do anything. You could be sat in A&E for hours! x

• Posted

Not getting any better in aftaid don't know what to do, it's all across my pelvic bone, to the right. My lower tummy is a bit swollen too. Coukd it be the coughing/ sneezing has given me a strain? What would any signs of infection be?. My anterior has been ok really don't think it's anything to do with that I'm sure it's the tvt. My stools are a bit hard, I'm not straining thou but just letting it slid out I just sit there for ages and let it come out. Thing is I'm no where near my hospital which I in London as I'm recovering in Kent at my mums.

• Posted

Oh dear, Kelly I'm sorry to hear that you're back in pain. What painkillers are you using? I agree you should rest today and see how it goes. I'm sure your local hospital would offer advice if you rang them. Take care x 

• Posted

It could be muscular kelly because if you have been coughing and sneezing it is very easy to pull a muscle following surgery. If you have an infection you would usually have a temperature. What painkillers are you taking? An anti inflammatory such as Neurofen or ibuprofen will help if it's muscular. It's best taken with Paracetamol as well. You could always ring the ward if it would help. Going to A&E on a weekend wouldn't be ideal because you are in so much pain and discomfort.

• Posted

Thank you so much, tlreally don't want to go a&e and not sure what they could do for me anything. There's no bleeding or anything. I'm taking paracetamol and codine as I can't take ibrof 😢X

• Posted

I can't take ibuprofen either which is a nuisance. The codeine should help. Are you able to have a bath? It depends on what information you were given when you were discharged of course but that may help, or a hot water bottle if not. 

• Posted

I've been taking codine and paracetamol every 4 hrs. No really effective at all. Currently laying with a hot water bottle on stomach which is helping . I think where I was trying so hard to protect myself down there when coughing and sneezing etc I've strained surrounding muscles. The pain is so intense. Thankfully cold is omits way out, been taking medicine for that. This pain is worse than when I was discharged 10 days ago. Thabk you all for the advice, hope it eases soon as I was feeling great until 3am this morning.

• Posted

If it gets any worse kelly get some advice from out of hours Doctors or NHS helpline x
    • Posted

So I've been trying all day, hot water bottle was a god send thank you but I'm still in agony. Definitely feels muscular as pains only on movement, I'm ok if sitting still or laying but really struggling to move. Also my tummy is quite swollen/bloated and I'm finding it hard to pass wind. Thanks no I may also be ovulating as I'm 2 weeks post my period, cervical miscues and do get bad ovulation pains normally. Also get constipated during ovulation so I'm taking medication to prevent this hopefully. Can't believe I felt so great yesterday, been pain free for days and then I get a cold/cough which I think has caused the strain. Although my wee I a bit slow again. I don't know, feeling down again and sorry for my little one who doesn't understand why mummy isn't well and can't run around. Lucky I have support thou.

• Posted

Hi Kelly. If you have a clinical or digital thermometer, take your temp, soon as poss. If it's higher than norm, call the 111 or NHS helpline for advice. If they think it necessry they will arrange for you to see a doctor or go to A&E with an appointment I think. Best wishes, x rolleyes

• Posted

Thank you,' no temperature. Still in pain this morning but not as bad.

• Posted

Keep resting kelly but I agree with Pollyanna taking your temperature occasionally is a good indicator of infection although it will rise if you are ovulating as well.
  • Posted

Well I went to the doctors today and he confirmed I have an infection, I feel like I've set my recovery back now so not feeling too good at all although I know it probably couldn't have been helped. He confirmed it as I have a bit of seeping from the tvt stitches outside, hot to touch and swollen area by the tight stitch and a lot of pain.

Hopefully I'll start to feel better in a few days although I now think I have a prolapsed bottom! Is this possible. My anterior is still building and hard even but now I fell bulging/pressure on my perineal. I really hope not

• Posted

Sorry to read this kelly. You will soon get your recovery back on track now you've got some antibiotics. It usually takes about 48 hours before you notice a difference in how you feel so make sure you get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.