Sudden painful, sore and hard unknown white lump on right side of my tounge.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I decided to go and see a pharmacist this morning about the prominent lump on my tounge after it appeared from nowhere two mornings ago and she wasn't sure what it is or could be nor suggest anything to help and told me to book an appointment with my GP in case there was an infection. I went along to my doctors surgery straight afterwards and I managed to get an emergency appointment with a nurse this afternoon. The nurse was also left bewildered and prescribed me Nystatin in case it was anything fungal and told me it will also help with soreness etc.

I have to go back next week if there is no signs of improvements or if the lump doesn't go away and the next step then will be to send before, during and after photos to a dermatologist. The lump is pea sized, feels exactly how a mouth ulcer would (painful and sore), has a white appearance and is very hard.

Does this sound similar to anybody? Has this happened to you? If so, what was the outcome? I'm just trying to get some some pointers from those who may have gone through this.

Your help will be much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.