Sudden Respiratory Issues

Posted , 1 user is following.

My wife and I moved into a new apartment in November, and since then we have both been having nagging post-nasal drip with constant throat clearing. I work from home, so I am always in the apartment to I get the most exposure to whatever it could be here. A week after moving in, I developed an upper respiratory infection that turned into bronchitis. Then a week into December I ended up getting lower-lobe pneumonia that I am still slowly getting over, but my recovery is going so slow that it's a daily annoyance. I'm curious what it could be here that is making us both sick, and if there was anything we could medically do to make it easier to deal with in the short-term.

Additional Info:

• My wife and I are in our very early thirties, eat clean, and exercise regularly. We don't smoke, don't drink, and we are both at a healthy weight.

• Yes, I have been to the doctor. They were the ones that told me I had lower-lobe pneumonia.

• Yes, I have talked to my apartment. They don't care, and won't really do anything because they think we are trying to get out of a lease.

• We have moved out into the living room because of a "musky" smell in the two bedrooms and turned off the HVAC system(and closed the vents).

• Switched to only bottled water incase it was a bad water issue.

• The breathing issues go away if we stay out of the apartment for a few hours, but they slowly come back once we are in the apartment over-night.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.