Sudden sharp pains! Does cyst cause sharp pains??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Recently, I came to that I have a cyst on my right ovary. I used to have dull pain all the time. Suddenly, yesterday night I experienced very sharp pain where I have cyst. Pain was on and off. It was like that for about 2 hrs and then it disappeared. Is this normal? Did anyone experienced this kind of pain?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This sounds similar to my experience. I waited over 24 hours before going to the hospital only to discover my cyst had ruptured and started a slow leak. If you have sharp pains please go to the hospital ASAP.

Good luck!

Rosanna

• Posted

hi crafty,

how did they diagnose rupture and what happened next?

what was in the slow leak?

how did the hospital help you.?

is all well now.?

obviously you knew you had a cyst previous to the rupture.

i can imagine it was a great relief after the trauma was over.

sorry about the inquisition.

its just that its good to know what to expect.

• Posted

rosanna sorry,

i've just sent a message to crafty that was meant for you.

rosanna,

sorry i've just sent a message to crafty that was meant for you.

• Posted

Hi RCS88

I still have sharp pain but better than last night. I will go see doctor then.Hope you are doing well now and have no pain now... thanks for the advice smile

• Posted

Hey RCS88 do you mind if I ask you did you had pain in groin too?
    • Posted

No problem!  I actually had no idea I had a cyst prior to spending two days in the hospital back in July.  I was laying in bed and got a sharp pain which was stronger than anything I experienced.  I then threw up so I assumed it was food poisoning.  The following day I could not move so by 9pm I decided to go to Emergency thinking I was having an appendix attack.  They ran multiple tests and discovered I had two ovarian dermoid cysts.  The pain I was experiencing was a small rupture in the larger cyst.

My surgery to remove them was booked for three weeks later.  They originally thought I had one on each side but they both ended up being on my left ovary.  One was the size of a baseball and the other the size of a basketball.  My doctor managed to remove both laprascopically and save half of my ovary (which is INCREDIBLE if you ask me).

This Friday will be 4 weeks since my surgery.  I had a few complications following but considering the size of the masses removed from my body I am feeling great.  I'm back at work and can resume normal activities in about two weeks.

Prior to this experience I never even thought of my ovaries or anything like that.  If you are having sharp pains and they don't feel like normal period cramps I would recommend going to your doctor ASAP.  There is no reason to live in pain and discomfort.

This was my first hospital visit since birth (!!) and although I was scared it was all worth it.

• Posted

Funny you ask this.  About a week following surgery I was in SO much pain when I peed (TMI, sorry).  It got to the point where I had to return to Emergency.  Turns out I had an ulcer (probably from a tool they had to use in that area during the surgery.  The Emerg doctor said they insert a rod of some sort to move your cervix around so its not in the way when they are removing the cysts).  They gave me numbing spray as well as antibiotics (I also had a Urinary Tract Infection which felt like pouring boiling hot water from a kettle on an open wound) ... Just bad luck I guess.  

Are you experiencing anything like this or is it general soreness?

• Posted

Wow, I guess I shouldn't complain about my tiny  cust.  Yours were huge.  Hope you don't have to go through that again.
    • Posted

Thanks Landa, no matter the size none of us should have to live in pain or discomfort.

Best wishes to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.