Sudden sharp searing pain one year on. Thoughts?

Posted , 6 users are following.

so my hip was achey which it does wuite regularly today i assumed from not getting to the gym because my nan is passing.

it got quite sharp achey about dinner time inhad walked the dog etc so it wasn't just stiff from nothing

went for a shower which was fine and when i got out to get dressed stood on operated leg as normal and got a sudden searing sharp pain in the joint area. sat down got dressed but pain continued when i stood up

managed downstairs incase i had to call about it but I can sit on it fine i can walk on it but its tight and unhappy my knee and ankle are aching...

i cant currently justify getting it checked as its not dislocated but my nan is currently passing from terminal cancer. i wondered if anyone has had this happen and what helped it ease off. iv taken an anti inflammatory and one tramadol but most opiates dont work with me lol

thanks xxxxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I cannot take opiates either. Also I have had the pain you described. You probably moved wrong and pulled or twisted something. I have found icing it for 20 minutes off for 40 seemed to help. worth a try anyway. So sorry to hear about your Nan, I will keep you both in my prayers.

• Posted

Thank you, sorry for the late response shes a stubborn old witch (shes half pagan half christian..) and refusing to ride of on her broom stick. I forgot to ice it today the tranadom kicks in about 12 hours after i take it but i just stood up to walk and fill dogs bowl and it happened again. the area now sitting isnt exactly sore but it feels different. im going to wrap myself in a blanket as im on the sofa tonight with the dog lol and start icing it in the morning... unless im brave and do it now.

how do you cope with not being able to take opiates? I can take straight dihidrocodine with zero side effects but my doctor wiill currently only perscribe it in codrydamol form which i cant take... but he does keep offering me more... so im going to approach my consultant this friday to try and come to a solution. i dont need strong opiates every day i just need some kind of solution for "those days" so would be good to hear how you manage. xx

thank you for your reply and your love xx

• Posted

I'm a relatively new hippie being 10 weeks post op and doing really well. I do think you have every justification gettint your pain checked out as it's worrying you. The fact that it isn't dislocated is neither here nor there. You've got enough on your plate at the moment and you need to get an answer to this. Your doctor may confirm you have just twisted a muscle of something and it'll put your mind at rest. So sorry to hear about your Nan. I hope she passes peacefully. Make the most of the time you have with her and, if possible, ask her anything you may not know about her life while you still have the chance. I often wish I had asked my parents things when they were here. God bless you both.

• Posted

Hey

I have an appointment with my Rhummie on friday so im hoping to get him to xray it and check it an dgive it a good move around to check it out. It was only xrayed a week ago as being absolutly fine so im hoping its some kind of muscular nonsense. iv been having small amounts of nerve pains in my hands and feet and arms today as well as another incident with the sharp paints just a few minutes ago .

My nan has a really rare form of NEts cancer with no diagnoses primary cause, it has moved to her brain about two months ago. yesterday she had a seizure which was likely brain disease involvment and she hasnt come back from it at all. she understands we are here as if shes had a bad stroke but its not a situation of asking questions. shes a stubborn pagan witch / christian whos hanging in there for some reason, she was given a week max 3 months ago, i just want her to pass quietly and stress free sooner than later to prevent suffering. thank you for your lovely comments tho xx

Im going to get it looked at most likely on friday i cant really just leave the house just now due to my nans collie being at my mums now and quite upset. iv had pains before but iv not had this its weird.

i hope your new hip is going well for you 😃 its such a life changer xx

• Posted

As Marion says, you have every justification for getting this checked out, very bad pain is not part of the healing process, and you need to get to the root cause of it.

I would see a doctor or surgeon as soon as possible.

Best wishes

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.