Sudden spaced out feeling

Posted , 9 users are following.

i work at a grocery store, woke up this moring feeling fine, i started working then it was time for my break, i went to buy a sandwhich and as i was walking toward the cash i had this weird feeling of being really spaced out when i realized i was spaced out i immidiatly thought that i would pass out

i have an issue of always overthinking my symptoms, and thinking the worst of every situation. 

a little more info about me:

im not depressed 

not taking any medication 

have had tension in my upper neck for about 5 days 

i dont get alot of sleep 

a little bit of back pain depending on how i sit 

if anyone needs more info i will be happy to provide it 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another thing. Light. Very light sensitive. Most stores use florecent lights. Most people don't know or even notice. They cycle. It's not a constant light. They flicker rapidly. That kills me Lol. Sounds. After a episode of vertigo I am so sound sensitive a screaming kid makes my head spin violently. Wife doing dishes this morning. I went into the bedroom. Ride 50 feet down the road in the car is a nightmare.

• Posted

Check out my thread if you want the full story but I was having similar issues over a long period of time. Grocery stores are my biggest weakness. Original diagnosis was vestibular neuritis but they took that diagnosis away when vng came back normal.

I've had every test imagineable even mri. When it came down to it my doctors agreed on an anxiety disorder that may have developed from the birth of my first child and the lack of sleep and stress that comes with it. I have never had anxiety or depression and still don't feel depressed or have anxious thoughts, but my body had a constant adrenaline rush or out of body type feeling until I started treatment.

So far a month of being on antidepressants (Paxil 10mg) has reduced my symptoms to about 1x per week and it doesn't last long.

• Posted

How do we get to your thread kyle?

What sort of symptoms did you have? Or is it just the out of body feeling?

• Posted

Yep, you can do what bI'll said or I think u can access it through my profile. In any case I just think it's a good read because a lot of people (myself included) freak out that something is very wrong when they get these symptoms. It turns out quite often that it is caused by anxiety/stress and not any other underlying health problems.

I would still check in with your doctor. In my case having an MRI/bloodwork/heart monitor all come back clear calmed me down because I knew things weren'the too serious, but I have good enough insurance to do that all pretty cheap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.