Sudden spasm feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

can costochondritis suddenly feel like a really intense spasm and then return to a lower level of pain ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Beth i have spasms almost everyday. Ive said it feels like a charlie horse. It hurts so bad!!! I just had a bunch of blood work, chest xray and a bone SCAN not DENISTY. I go back to the RHEMO this coming Tuesday to get results. I do know that I tested postive on the ANA and the HLB-A27. Eveything and symptoms are pointing to ANKLOYSIS SPONDAITIS OR AS. My doctor thinks my spine is starting to fuse and causing spasms. BUT....other doctors have said INTERCOSTAL NEURALIGA AND MAYBE A SLIPPED RIB. But the AS has all of my symptoms. I will let you know what he has to say Tuesday.

S HELLY

• Posted

I always thought I was having a heart attack . and ended up at the e.r. had plenty of scans and blood work done. never showed me anything .than I was at my desk office one time and the the Dr that was filling in for my Dr. told me it coso. I never heard of this since I had it for along time I have had it for 18 teen years . it wanders a lot real sharp pain that lighting s up if I lean over I will feel like to bones rubbing and it's dull. and other times it I turn suddenly. it will pinch and knock the breath out of me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.