Sudden, temporary partial blurriness?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I'm a 28-year-old female in generally good health. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, but have been told I'm otherwise healthy. I don't think I've ever had an eye exam, but haven't ever had issues with my eyesight.

I do have those squiggly floaters when looking at something bright, like the sky. I always assumed they were normal but recently discovered that they could mean something worse, and with my health anxiety I'm concerned. I also have recently had a strange moment where part of my vision went blurry. It made reading difficult, but I could still see. It lasted for maybe a couple minutes, but just as suddenly as it happened, it went away. I remember something similar happening months before as well. It was while I was driving and I started to panic. It was like I couldn't see my left hand on the steering wheel from my peripheral vision, but I could see the road fine. I was ready to pull over when it went away.

What could this be? Is it something serious? I'm thinking of scheduling an eye exam soon, but should I be looking into going as soon as possible?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Although it should not be any thing serious at your young age. However it is better to consult eye Doc so that the problem can be resolved, if any.
    • Posted

Thank you! I started to panic but I'm glad it doesn't sound serious. I will look into getting an eye exam.

• Posted

I would go as soon as you can. It could be something easily fixed unless you put it off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.