Sudden thyroid lump and hyperthyroidism

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all

I am worried about my thyroid and believe it may be something sinister. I have suffered with anxiety for years but the last 12 weeks have been terrible. It started with a neck injury that happened around then, I do believe this was an issue that was caused by injury as opposed to anything else even though I woke up with a sore neck suddenly one morning but it had obviously affected muscles in the area and i had worked out the night before. My anxiety has been through the roof ever since and have trouble sleeping, however I have had these symptoms for years. The neck has got better but still not right.

Anyway over the weekend I woke up on Sunday with a lump in my throat on the right hand side. it literally came up over night. I felt like I was coming down with a cough or cold which my baby and girlfriend have had and my glands swelled up. They went back down mostly pretty quickly although a couple are still slightly raised. I've been to the doctor again and this was more in relation to my anxiety but she has referred me for blood and mentioned it could be thyroid issues. Since the lump appeared I have been very sensitive to heat and my insomnia has been much worse. The cold never really developed in to anything but I get occasional very light phlegm and a little cough. There could be very minor pressure transferring to my ear. It all seems to be on the right hand side. There is obviously a swelling somewhere and it seems to be coming from the thyroid area which is causing the swallowing sensation, it isn't getting better and might be getting slightly worse however it only flared up on Sunday. I have lost weight over the last few weeks however I have been super anxious and I just dont know if this potential thyroid issue is related or has just flared up over the weekend.

The neck injury probably isnt related but thought it may be worth mentioning.

I am male 32.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.