SUDDEN WEIRD THOUGHT THEN GOES AWAY

Posted , 7 users are following.

with anxiety condition, has anyone ever had a sudden weird thought, and then it goes away?A thought you were not expecting and it can almost not makes sense or be like an old memory mixed up. Hard to explain. sometimes happens with light headedness. It is a strange feeling........thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi jan

I sometimes experience similar when dropping off to sleep, I see people and places I don't recognise, it's as if I've got a sixth sense, so bazaar but I think it's probably just that twilight thing between dropping off to sleep and being in sleep, never equated it with anxiety, though I can equate lots of other things to it!

• Posted

omg yes!!!!! specifically the memory thing sometimes i think maybe they are snippets of dreams that i am recalling or an old memory yes very hard to explain but i think i understand what you are describing very odd

• Posted

omg thankyou Jennifer! ITS SOOO FREAKY AND SCARY!!!!It feels like something is very wrong with my brain when it happens. no one else really understands , but im hoping its from anxiety and stress.❤

• Posted

i really think i knowkind of like de ja vu? ive had this happen recently but again i think could be snippets from a previous dream that im remembering

i try to ignore when it happens i think its normal maybe more common with anxious minds

• Posted

yes i think anxiety causes the brain to rapid fire randomly the memories, dreams we have stored up.

they come out non logically . crazy anxiety

• Posted

I suffer with anxiety and I too have weird horrible or intrusive thoughts. One minute I'm fine then a negative thought enters my head and the anxiety builds ..I just have to learn to control the negative thoughts

• Posted

i get the exact same thing.

i spoke to my doctor about it who is an expert in the field of mental health and he said these symptoms are very common with anxiety sufferers. he said it can be frightening at times but completly harmless. its something to do with the anxiety making your brain tired and confused as anxiety overworks your brain from all the negative thinking and can just pop back with old dreams and memories.

ifs hes right i dont know but it sounds logical.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.