Suddenly feeling very fatigue and dizzy spells

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 20 year old female and the past 3 weeks I've been feeling very fatigue, weak and having lots of dizzy spells and occasional headaches. It mostly happens at night and in the morning when I wake up. I feel fine in the afternoon and early at night say 6pm to 7pm. It feels worse late at night and I think it feels worst in hot weather and when I'm laying down. I went to my doctor, he took a blood test and told me I had vitamin d deficiency and gave me supplements. I've been taking them for a few days now. The symptoms feel like they're getting worse and worse and I'm worried it might be something else. There was one point where I was close to fainting, although I'm not sure it could be due to dehydration and another point where I felt so weak my body felt so heavy and I could hardly even walk.

I'm drinking water much more now and I don't think it's because of dehydration. I've never felt like this before.

I don't know is this just vitamin d deficiency or could it be something else? I don't expose myself to the sun much which I'm working on it.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It normally takes around three months to get any effect from vit D supplements to deficiency, what is your blood test reading currently?
  • Posted

It does not seems to be Vit D deficiency only. 

There are many factors to feel dizzzy, polluted environment and stress can also cause these symptoms. 

• Posted

Hi Bailey

Do you have any aches and pains with it or have any other physical symptoms.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Be sure to eat a balanced diet. Maybe have a high protein snack before bed. Keep your sugar levels constant. If you tend to overthink or feel anxious take a peak in the anxiety forum as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.