SUDDENLY HAVING BLURRY VISION...I HAVE ADDISONS.

Posted , 4 users are following.

OMG. I am freaking out about my vision. It's getting so bad. Blurry was in one eye. Now the other too in just a couple weeks. I was recently diagnosed with Addison's disease. My doctor is of no help. Took prendisone for 2 weeks and had so much pain inn my abdomen i couldn't even stand up because of the pain. I stopped taking the prednisone because my doctor told me to keep taking it but I told her I have never had so much pain inn my lower abdomen. Now, no meds for a month and this blurry vision just started. Anyone with sudden blurry vision...i am freaking out?? Please help...thank you. Janelle

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Janelle!

If you have Addison's you can NEVER stop taking your medication. Stomach pain is a symptom of an Addisonian crisis, which can be fatal. You need to immediately go to the E&A or call an ambulance.

• Posted

Could you tell me what Addison's is please, and how is it related to the adrenals? I could google it but suffer from it so you can explain it well.

I've recently found out that I have Thyroid issues. I did a saliva test and I have high cortisol levels. Does that lead to Addison's disease? 

• Posted

High cortisol is usually Cushing Syndrome. You really need to get a ACTH STIMULATION TEST. this test is a definitive test to show how your adrenals are working. Your cortisol levels go up and down...high in A.m. and lowers as the day goes on. I had 3 cortisol tests that were normal and low. the Acth is the only way to get a correct diagnosis. Research Cushing Syndrome and see if you have many of the symptoms. Best wishes to you.
    • Posted

Thanks! That sounds very useful. I only just saw your reply so I'll look into all that now.

My cortisol test showed it low first thing in the morning and getting higher and higher throughout the day with it highest at night!

• Posted

Janelle, blurred vision suggests you might have something that is not 'ordinary' Addisons, but actually "secondary Addison's" - meaning that the Addisons is a symptom, not the cause.  Blurred vision is one of the symptoms of a 'Pituitary adenoma'. So too is (apparent) Addison's. I suspect that you have a "non-secreting adenoma".

You need to telephone your GP FIRST THING and say what is happening - and ASK ABOUT PITUITARY DISEASE. NB that on average a GP will see just one pituitary case in a career, so it's not surprising if they don't think of it straight away. If you have any problem speaking to your GP, go to A&E. Don't be surprised if they've forgotten that bit of med school too!

Finally, don't panic when you hear the word 'tumour' - yes it is a growth on the pituitary but it is not cancerous. Yes it is in your skull (just behind your eyes) but it is not in your brain, you do not have a brain tumour,  The op to remove it nowadays is simple and painless.

Finally, I could be completely wrong! Just because your symtoms are the same as what I had doesn't mean you have the same thing, It just seems like it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.