Suddenly ill a week after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been doing ok since my gallbladder was removed last week and gradually building up strength, but yesterday started to feel very lightheaded, confused and weak. I feel like everything is spinning all the time, even when lying down, which makes me feel quite sick. i was on some powerful antibiotics as it had blown a hole and badly infected, but they finished after 4 days. Suddenly getting a lot of pain again over the site, but laproscopy stitches not ripped even though it feels like it, which came after carrying some shopping bags (i know, but no one else to do it!). i hate to make a fuss if its nothing, but feel i should be doing something if anyone has any advice please?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

let your doctor know about this. especially if you are having pain over the site and are dizzy. You are not making a fuss. it’s important to take care of yourself. And they should be aware of how you are feeling. Hope everything goes OK and you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.