Suddenly sweating more, is this from post- glandular fever?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 17 year old girl and I just returned to boarding school from missing 2 weeks while being really ill with glandular fever (I got blood tested for it ), I was on a drip for a while because my throat was so sore that I couldn't drink or eat anything.

I've been back to school for a week now and I generally feel ok, I'm taking vitamins and eating and drinking well. I do feel tired which was expected and my doctor said i'll feel tired for 2 months.

Anyways this week I've noticed that  I'm sweating under my arms more. And I do not feel hot, it's actually cold outside and I'm dressing warmly but not so warmly that it will make me feel too hot. I even sweat in just my pajamas. It's very strange as I usually do not sweat there unless I'm really hot or nervous. 

Should I be worried about this and go to the nurse tomorrow? 

Thanks 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

As always you should check with your nurse.  However I will tell you that a lot of us on this site have experienced weird body changes with GF (mono). I experience body sweating for no reason at all. I still get night sweats also.  This is all part of the havoc the EBV plays on our bodies. 

Continue resting as much as your body needs--since having GF I have had to learn to listen to my body differently and more carefully.  Sounds great that you are eating a healthy diet and pushing fluids. 

Please do not hesitate to contact the nurse if you have anything that is not normal for you.  There are several side effect that rarely occur, you should always get checked out if you are in doubt 

your body will slowly but surely recover!  Take it easy. 

• Posted

Hi There,

I had momo last year and sweated so much I thought something else must be wrong with me. That does seem to be a symptom, at least it was for me. I would heat up on the inside-I used to refer to them as heat surges-then I would sweat. It was extremely uncomfortable. I still get them slightly a year later. Momo is different for everyone, but the good news is you do recover even though it takes awhile. I don't think it would hurt anything to check in with your nurse just to be on the safe side. Just rest assurred you will get well, but it can be quite a strange and bumpy ride to recovery.

Take Care smile

• Posted

Hi Kate,

So sorry to hear you have had glandular fever and had such a rough few weeks with it. Yes it's most certainly normal that you would feel tired and maybe not quite yourself for a couple of months, but as Gerbear and Forget Me Not said you will get better. I believe it's also normal to sweat extra with glandular fever, it certainly can cause things like that, but please do see the nurse just for reassurance and to keep on top of things, that would be the sensible thing to do.

You will recover though Kate and get back to feeling fit and healthy again - I know it's frustrating when going through it at the time and having to be patient but you will get there - don't overdo things next couple of months, get plenty of rest and sounds like you are doing all the right things, you will get better rest assured!

Take care and thinking of you

Craig

• Posted

It's wise always check with your doc. I had constant sweats during my acutr phase. Months after, however, I had sweats again and found out I had a secondary strep throat infection. It's always wise to check but it sure is a symptom. Good luck with recovery and this community here isna great bunch for questions and reassurances.

• Posted

Hi Jeffrey,

Just wondering how you are doing, thinking about you also and hoping that you are coping okay and feeling that things are moving in the right direction. Still fully believe in your full recovery Jeffrey, without any doubt whatsover I believe in that.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig thanks for asking. It's been turbulent but I have find some progress. I feel my intelligence is coming back stronger. I am able to work on my projects at work pretty efficiently still outshining most of those I work with on speed and quality. I am able to work through complex tasks. My memory is still spotty; I still feel like yesterday could have been a month ago and a week ago doesn't seem to exist. But I've been talking to a user here almost every day and talking to her normalizes and encourages me.

Of course I'm being picky. I work 40+ hour weeks, play Xbox when I have time take care of two kids and hang with my wife and work overtime often. I'm just not my peak. Which was running a side business and all my hobbies and projects!

Still waiting on results of my eeg but it seems mild encephalopathy from EBV is still their conclusion.

Thanks for your words again. Your words really saved me at a dark time in my life. This forum kept me from going completely insane. I want to encouragr others as well like you do.

• Posted

Hi Jeffrey,

That's really good progress you have been making by the sounds of it, yes don't be so hard on yourself because you have a lot to cope with and it does take time to recover mentally, physically and emotionally from the turbulent experience of glandular fever. Things will come back to you bit by bit, in terms of how you feel within yourself and your capacity to do things. It's very easy for it to knock your confidence too and that can take some time to build back up again, but you are on the road and most definitely will get there! But don't put yourself under loads of pressure or try to go at 100 miles an hour, just do what you can and also rest when you can and do things that you enjoy too as well as working all the time! Easier said than done sometimes I know when you have such a busy job, but it's good to have that life balance perspective.

Thanks for your kind words too Jeffrey that was really nice of you to say - yes it's good for us to encourage each other I think, those who have went through glandular fever know how debilitating and life changing it can be so it's good to be able to share thoughts and feelings with those who also went through it. You're getting there though Jeffrey, well done and just take it slowly and you will make it!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.