Suffered vertigo for 8 months, but now have pain in my concha - external ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, been on this forum for a while, and it has been a great help. Especially terry.

I am just a little worried that for a week now I have had really bad pain in what I think is the concha, my ear also feels weird. Kind of full but not. I know its not ear wax as inhad my ears look at about two weeks ago.

I know I may be panicking over nothing but could it be connected to the vertigo type.issues I have had?

Have my MRI on Friday, I am a bit nervous but hopefully we will get an answer.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, I'm sorry for your illness, it is a complete nightmare, I know. I had some pain during the whole 6 months of my vestibular problem now but not especially bad. Could you have an infection or have you somehow perferated the drum? I'd pop back to your Dr just to be sure. I did have associated pain behind my eyes and pressure headaches but nothing unbearable. 

I had my MRI a fortnight ago and the head was was clear, I'm off tomorrow for one of my neck...just because I think they should have done it as well! 

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you that. I have a hospital appointment in a couple of weeks so if its not gone by then I will tell them.

• Posted

Please don't panick too much. It is annoying at times but it is most likely anything serious and caused by your vertigo. I have the same issue with my ears and put it down to the vertigo as I never suffered with my ears until the vertigo started one and a half years ago. Both my ears ache tonight and when I put my fingers in my ears even very gently my ears ache. It should pass very soon.
    • Posted

Thank you for that,

You have put my mind at ease smile

Let's hope we all start to get answers soon.

• Posted

No problem. Make sure you inform your GP if it carries on for too long. 

Best of luck with your scan. If it's your first scan try not to worry. for myself and many others the scan was clear which was good but strangely disappointing at the same time. Part of me wished they had found something and that they could fix it. At  least I would have had answers for the way I was feeling. It's to this day very hard to believe that a balance problem which cannot be seen or properly confirmed can cause so many issues. Easy said than done but in my experience thinking, researching and analyzing what exactly is going on and how to cure it on will usually aggravate things. Look at me talking I have been on here and net researching and talking to people on and off all day after not being on here for a few months lol. 

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.