Suffered with this problem for 2 years, finally found a solution. Haven't itched for 2 months now

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffered with an itchy anus for about 2 years and like most people here it became unbearable at night. Most nights I couldn't sleep because of the itch and I would sit up all night searching the Internet for different cures, I went to my doctor about 3 times about this problem and he gave me 3 different creams that didn't help at all. I tried as many different creams and home remedies I can remember and nothing worked for me. Until one day when I was reading on here that someone put they stopped using toilet paper and now they wipe with sensitive none alcoholic baby wipes. I tried this and I no longer used toilet roll just used baby wipes and I would then dry the area with a hair dryer when I'm finished. After a few days of doing this I already felt a relief. If it started to itch a little bit I would wash the area with warm water and dry it or even use the baby wipes to clean it again. After 2 weeks of doing this the itching has stopped all together and there hasn't been an itch for about 2 months now I feel like a new person. I would also note that I stopped using bath salts in the bath as they could irritate the problem. I Hope people try this and stick with it as it has made my life a lot easier

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think it has got to be worth the try!!

My PN does not cope with certain ingredients in some creams etc.. so struggling to find the right solution for me !!

...but willing to try anything....

Am trying Aveeno moisturising cream at the moment and is helping..... but not getting rid !!!

I was wondering which wipes would be the best !!

...need to read the packaging, I guess.

Good luck Steven...

Jinny

• Posted

Hi Jinny I stopped using the creams as none of them was working and I thought some of them could have been making it worse. I use any sensitive baby wipes but they need to say no alcohol or perfume. Just wipe gently with the baby wipes after you use the toilet and then dry with the hairdryer and make sure the area is dry. Also If it starts to itch wash the area with warm water and then dry, It's very important you try your best not to scratch when it's itchy but I know how hard it is. Hope this works for you don't give up if it doesn't work straight away I felt the relief after a few days and by 2 weeks it was gone completely
  • Posted

I also was told by my Dr to use baby wipes and did so, butthen saw another Dr who said not to use them..just read the pack to see what theycontain, so he suggested tissues dampened with water which makes sense BTW use the 'thick" tissues as the standard ones will break up when wet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.