Sufferers in their 20's/30's

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I got diagnosed with frozen shoulder on Monday after an agonizing weekend resulting in a trip to the GP and then A and E. I am interested to know if their are any other suffers in there 20's /30's as the doctor advised it is usually a condition that occurs later in life?

I am otherwise completely healthy so this has come as a massive shock to me and am struggling with how i am going to have to adapt and also the possibility of the pain being long term. I travel a lot to the far east for my job and am worried about the impact it is going to have on this . If anyone has been in similar position it would be great to get some advice on how you dealt with it 😃

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

i was lucky enough to be outside the two major groups being a guy and diagnosed last year at age 36. I am diabetic so i had that going for me though. Being diabetic i probably got it worse than most people and will be getting the surgery soon. For me ibuprofen was my best friend, along with an over the shoulders heating pad i got from Amazon for $20. Hot baths eased the ache a lot for me at nights and mornings. I'd probably ask about PT or a steroid shot as well

• Posted

Hi Mike , thanks for taking the time to reply 😃 Sorry to hear that , sounds like youre having a tough time of it . Do you mind me asking how long you have been suffering with it ?

I am definately going to look into the heat pad , i have some gel ones that go in the microwave but they dont stay hot for long . My dr and the hospital have prescribed be naproxen and codeine but am reluctent to take these long term really .

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

i was lucky enough to be outside the two major groups being a guy and diagnosed last year at age 36. I am diabetic so i had that going for me though. Being diabetic i probably got it worse than most people and will be getting the surgery soon. For me ibuprofen was my best friend, along with an over the shoulders heating pad i got from Amazon for $20. Hot baths eased the ache a lot for me at nights and mornings. I'd probably ask about PT or a steroid shot as well

• Posted

Hi Lauren. I do not fall into that age group but I am a survivor of x2 frozen shoulders so I thought I would share some tips that help as this is a very long road I'm afraid to say. There are 3 stages to FS , the freezing stage the most painful) the frozen stage where you have limited mobility in the shoulder; and the thawing stage where movement slowly returns and the pain subsides. My life lines over this time were a TENS machine, a heat pad; trigger point therapy, magnesium capsules, turmeric capsules and Ibuprofen along side being propped up on pillows at night. I wish you a speedy recovery. The best advice I can give is the knowledge that it will not last forever and you will get through it.

• Posted

Hi Cindy, thank you for your reply and tips , its good to speak to people who have first hand experience of what has worked for them . I am going to look into tumeric capsules as this was something that came up in my research as well , and i am willing to give anything a go ! My big worry is adapting every day life but as you say , i need to come to terms with it not being a quick recovery . Thanks again , I appreciate you taking time to help with my post 😃

• Posted

hi lauren

been rallying people about this condition trying to find out what different types of medication and different approaches we have all taken

lol its a joke about the pain until you come into the gang and realise how crap if is suffering with this.

you may have read me posts over the last couple of weeks and seen different ways we have coped. yes its a long term struggle. please explore all you read and try and find what helps you the best

i am into shoulder number 2 in 14 months. i have just 2 more sleeps to go until hospital for a hydro-dilation into the joint ( sound like the kids 2 more sleeps).

above all pain meds, PT, steriod jabs, hot cold packs, naproxen, i cannot wait as it is a mass volume straight into the joint under a scanner. ho boy does it work. you get up and surgeon makes you clap your hands above your head, instant long term fix.

i will post saturday pics of joint before and after,

above all keep positive as the pain will get to you and make you grumpy.

colin

• Posted

hi again lauren

also you must have googled this torrid problem.

the main thing you have to do is stay positive in this mentally. not just the physical side of it.

on the first shoulder ( was your one the less dominant) shoulder. i was ok about beating it. when the second one fell apart in sept just gone. i got really grumpy with it as i have to start all over again.

i made myself a video log of the bad days and the good days

main thing is to stay focused on beating this

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.