Suffering after stopping

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys I stopped mirt last september after being on it for 4 years, my doctor suggested it and said maybe it's time i stopped and reduce over the course of a few weeks then stop but since i have stopped altogether I've had a lot of issues such as tinnitus, insomnia, anxiety, palpitations, low appetite, vertigo, dizzy spells. I've tried to ride all this out over the past 7 months but it's not easy to just ignore and is testing my patience. One of the other reasons I wanted off the medication was the weight gain which i've now lost so i dont really wanna go back on it to put the weight back on again, is there any alternative medication to try? i just want to get rid of these annoying symptoms as they are getting me down. Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My psychiatrist suggested Lyrica for me to try after successfully getting off the mirtazapine - it is supposed to help more with the physical experience of anxiety. I'm not a doctor and don't endorse any medication in particular, but I empathize w/ what you're going through. I was on mirtazapine for 15 years and just did my final taper off of 7.5mg and it has been a messy couple of days. You tapered off of the mirtazapine 7 months ago? Or are you still in the process of tapering?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.