Suffering anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I 've been on amitriptyline 4 2 years decided it's doing me no good anxiety in the morning and agrophobia the doctor has given me 20mg citalopram so I 've dropped 10mg of ami by cutting down 5mg a fortnight but feeling awful don't no if it's withdrawal from ami or side effects from citalopram

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I suffered terrible withdrawal tapering off Ami, and tapered by 2.5mg each time, it can be tough for some people. Am surprised the doctor started you on 20mg of cita, its normally 10mg for a few weeks increasing to 20mg. No wonder you feel awful. Try and give your brain and nervous system time to settle before reducing ami dosages further. Sounds like withdrawal from ami and start up side effects from cita like you suspected. It could take some time to settle, although everyone is different.
    • Posted

Hi thanks Paula I get up every morning thinking I can't go on by t time I m ok it's horrible I m driving my son mad my anxiety in the morning is through the roof I never had this pre ami or agoraphobia I wouldn't recommend this drug to anyone

• Posted

I wouldn't recommend this drug to anyone either, or some others.  How are you feeling now?

• Posted

Hi Paula still feeling horrible nauseous and churning in my chest something like nervous and excitement mixed together I 'm not reducing ami anymore till I 've settled on 10mg I suppose 15mg is far too quick in 5 weeks this Comin Tuesday I can't believe how bad it makes u feel

• Posted

It used to take me 2.5 weeks to settle on a 2.5mg taper, then I would give myself a few days of feeling ok then back to another taper. The nausea is awful, peppermint tea helped a bit. Your wise to wait before tapering again, as it will also take you time to settle on cita. Am tapering off cita myself now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.