Suffering debilitating CFS, hate the label it denotes laziness, ...

Posted , 8 users are following.

Nothing has helped,... anyone have an ideas, remedies, supplements....

anything???

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi have you had your b12 blood tests if these are low anything under 500 is considered low with someone with chronic fatigue it can be well worth supplementing it helped me a great deal hope that helps i would ask your gp to work with you and have blood tests that might show if anything else is contributing to your fatigue if you haven't already hope this helps a little
  • Posted

I found D ribose supplement really helps me, especially with the brain fog and muscle fatigue. Good luck x 
  • Posted

Hi Yannit. you have my sympathies. do bear with it as it can get better.

i reinforce what Russ has said re having your vitamin b12 levels checked. i'd also ask the GP to check you're Folate levels & your thyroid function i.e. T3, T4 & Thyroid stimulating hormone, if not already done. all of the above work synergistically i.e. there needs to be adequate amounts of each to work effectively.  they are interdependent. when you get your blood results, do ask for the numbers as GP's tend to have their own idea of what's normal in respect of vitamin  b12 levels. 

supplementing with b12 &  Folic Acid made a massive difference to my  ME/CFS. i also, take high dose CoQ10, L-Carnitine, D-Ribose, Magnesium & vitamin b3. however, the best response came when i added Vitamin b12 & Folate.

hope you feel better soon

Caitlin 

• Posted

I think we all agree about the terrible name--CFS. That's why the current name in greater usage is ME/CFS. The ME stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis. CFS has long been the name used in the U.S., and ME is the name used in the UK. In times past, when I used the name CFS to people, a common response was, "Oh, yeah. I get tired too." Now I just say ME. I've decided to drop the CFS. People says what's ME? When I tell them, the response is 100% concern and "that sounds serious." There is no remedy for this illness. You might want to describe your particular situation in more detail to this group. Rest, pacing, remaining calm, and leading a healthy lifestyle can sometimes help in managing symptoms.
  • Posted

Hi all,

Thank you all for your advice and caring. I really appreciate it.

Having been through sooo many tests, to be honest I am not sure on which test were performed. I have been a lab rat for so long,... but my doctor has always said nothing is out of balance,... even though a diagnosis with debilitating CFS disability points to the opposite. I guess its time to restart the conversation with my doctor.... again.

Thanks again

• Posted

yes, do that yannit. it might be a good idea to take someone with u to the GP appoint.   Gp's tend to be more 'amenable' to taking things further when there's another person present. and the second 'head' is always useful. 

meantime, if/when you have a window of opportunity - energy wise, it might be helpful if you have a look @ the 'HealthUnlocked' website in the 'Pernicous Anaemia Section' (PAS). alternatively, the PAS website is excellent. it's v. accessibe & succinctly outlines the signs & symptoms of b12 deficiency. you could compare your symptom list.

often ppl with ME/CFS develope low b12 & Folate over time as well as the thyroid stuff. if the b12/Folate are low & u supplement, it can measurably  help with the misery of the  ME/CFS symptoms. anything that can reduce the symptom burden makes  it all more manageable.

all good luck with the next step.

C.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.