suffering for 3 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im 22 and my fingers started going numb/ dear and white while cold my feet turn bright purple I mentioned it too my doxtor 3 years ago he said it was reynolds and that's it as easy as that did not say another thing it all started after having my son I become anemic and was cold all the time also after a complicated birth had a iv drip which I told hurt my arms and hands like a horrible dull I can't explain it the nurse at the time said maybe she hit a nerve but that I would have a mass if she did anyways this pain still happens even when I'm. Not cold now and is horrible the other night 3 fingers turned pure white while walking home and people comment on how cold my hands are constantly it happens in my feet too it's embarrassing at my age to be honest does anybody know how to help it I have done all the things on nhs website but even wearing gloves my hands still manage to turn numb/ white or blue ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This is a case of severe raynauds. I also have the problem of having an attack while wearing gloves and I know that it's so awful. Try wearing layers of clothing and if possible more than one pair of gloves. It's a real inconvenience but there's not much that can be done unless your doctor feels you should go on any medication, I don't know how effective the medication is but I'm sure with a little research you can find out. Best of luck!
  • Posted

You need to see a more sympathetic doctor. Mine were like that and I had four in fusions over four winters and they are now much better. I could not have the tablets because I have high BP, but the flolan worked and it is now manageable. Good luck 
    • Posted

What does the infusion mean. I was prescribed the High blodd pressure in low doses but it made me dizzy. My Doctor had never mention anything else.
    • Posted

you have to be hooked up to a drip for  the time it takes for three cannisters of infusion to go into your veins through your arm. That is usually for four days and three nights.I did this every winter for four years, but have had to stop now as cannot leave my vulnerable husband for so long.
  • Posted

Get a couple of rechargable hand warmers. They are my life saver. I bought then online
    • Posted

Some of them say not to use with poor circulation, which is often tied in with raynauds
  • Posted

Thanks all i read if it's severe they can do operations guessing non of you have had this ? I'm so fed up of it and embarrassed wearing flipflop in summer and all a sudden I have purple feet isn't really great at my age lol is it dangerous ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.