Suffering for 6 months, I just want to get back to normal..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey there,

I've been suffering for 6 months with chronic sinusitus. Face feeling so much pressure sometimes it makes me want to cry. My nose is completely blocked and the nose pressure is really taking its toll on me. Recently I've developed jaw and teeth aches as well. It feels like my face is constantly being weighed down down. One nostril is always blocked at a time (switches sides often). Some days my body aches and my hands feel weak. I'm also constantly fatigued. The headaches are the biggest issue for me. I can't sleep half the time because of all the pressure in my head. I even get tingly/burning feelings on my scalp especially the back of my head, does anyone else experience this? I've been to two GPs and one ENT which all prescribed me antibiotics. I'm currently on my second week of Doxycyline H with little difference. I've been using a navage twice a day for 2 months and that's really helped a lot but my symptoms just aren't going away. I need relief, it's really starting to make me depressed. I'm starting to feel like I'm cursed and will never get rid of this! My next ENT appointment isn't for another month and I need help. Any advice?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I totally get how you are feeling.I have been suffering since Dec.I've had 5 courses of antibiotics and none of them have helped.

I do the navage twice a day to and i have Avamys steroid nasal spray.I think this helps me cope but it doesn't make my symptoms disappear.I have the face pain and nose pressure you describe,also the jaw and teeth hurting.I find the change in temp makes a difference to my symptoms.I'm not surprised you are feeling depressed,it really makes you feel so low and i've felt at times that i'm going mad.Its just horrible.

I had an ENT appt that was booked for May which was cancelled but now they are saying it's likely it won't now be until next year that i am seen.I have no idea how i'm going to manage the way i am.

• Posted

I'm so sorry you've been suffering too. It really is horrible. This is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced. Its even worse that its during a global pandemic which makes it even more stressful. Where are you located? Is there no way to get a sooner ENT appointment? If not i recommend going to a hospital or something and seeing a medical professional or perhaps a Telemedicine video call with an ENT for help until you can go to an in person appointment. You shouldn't have to cope with this for that long on your own.

• Posted

Its draining isn't it.I feel like you,like i'm never going to be rid this.

I'm in England.All i can do is go back to my GP who i have been back to many times but i honestly don't think they'll help much.They seem to not know how to help apart from give me antibiotics that do absolutely nothing.

Do you find the antibiotics have helped at all for you?

The headaches you are experiencing sound awful,i get aching in my eyes a lot.The bridge of my nose is where i am aching most at the moment and i feel like i have burning in my left nostril.I wake up each morning thinking what pain am i going to experience today.Its horrible.

• Posted

im having the same problem to my neck hurts i feel pressure in my nose head especialy on hot days cant sleep my eyes are not relax i wake up with a stiff back and neck .this been going on 3 months will this go? will it go away in winter .im having anxiety that i have brain tumor .i cant enjoy summer i feel exhusted everyday plus im have digestive issues .

• Posted

If youre having a lot of nose and facial pressure/ pain I doubt its a brain tumor so you shouldn't worry too much. Make an appointment with an ENT is my suggestion so they can see whats going on in your sinuses. From experience I know this isn't just gonna go away on its own. You need medical help so get it as soon as possible. Also, I've been taking Primerose oil and a supplement called Breathe with my anitbiotics and those have really helped me. Got them from amazon. I feel about 80% back to myself. Each week I'm getting better since I started taking those three things. I'm just hoping I continue to get better and not go back to feeling like crap once my dosages are gone. I hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.