Suffering for years, could it be Fibromialgia?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, since I was seven years old I have had anxiety issues. The issues stem from my heart, which in emotional stress raises, completely normal, right?

Well, I have fairly bad constipation issues, only having a bowel movement 2 or 3 times a week usually. stemming from the back of my head where my neck and skull meet I get horrible pain, as well as in the neck itself and shoulders. I get stomach pain, and fullness even if I have eaten nothing. In addition, I have issues with random bouts of undiagnosed tachycardia. I work a stressful job, and for the last several weeks I will have to leave and go to the break room to calm down. My pulse is usually around 75-80 bpm, but when I get off work I will be at 90-100 for HOURS after, until I sleep and my body resets. The issue with this though, is that heart beats are a trigger for me, so I check it insistently , which causes more anxiety so I cannot fall asleep.

I also get this weird hand and leg tingling sensation. Like, it almost feels like waves of nervous feelings are running down my arms, my hands will be stiff, and it will almost feel like water coming down my calves. I am very sensitive to light and noise'

I am currently taking only 50 mg of Zoloft, 2 daily doses of Hydroxine (but lately i have been taking it more with stress), and I have xanax that i only use in panic attack emergencies.

So, I guess my question is, do you think it could be Fibro?

I have had every test in the world done on my heart to ultra sounds to monitors on for weeks, and never once has there been an issue with it. So now I need to look outside myself and figure out WHY I am feeling this way. These issues get worse randomly, and right now it feels like a flare up

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Fibro symptoms do include anxiety, tingling, constipation, light sensitivity. But to me, panic and anxiety also cause this, especially the racing heart and fear that something is wrong with you. I suffer from heart palpitations when I get stressed too much. They are horrible and scary. I have had monitors and heart tests and nothing is wrong. I get rapid heart rate as well. But the tell tale sign of fibro is pain and tiredness. The pressure points. Pain all over. Pain in joints and muscles. Fibro fog, etc You need to go to a good Rheumatologist. They are the ones that diagnose fibro. Research fibro and anxiety. Very close symptoms. They do go hand in hand. Take walks. Eat healthy. Lose some weight if you need to. No cure for fibro per se but you will feel better physically and emotionally and that will help both fibro and anxiety. Good luck 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.