Suffering from Angina pain very frequently

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am in my early 60s and have had facial paralysis (left side) and mini stroke in 2005. I have recently been diagnosed with Angina. I also have high blood pressure, diabetes and sciatic. Recently I have been getting lots of pain in my left arms, neck, both legs, shoulders, chest and ribs and pain has woken me up. I am due to have angiogram soon. Dr has given me GTN and Nicorandil. On my left side I get pain in my temple this side is affected by facial paralysis. I find it very difficult to walk and get very breathless. Just walking up the stairs I get very breathless. Does anyone else suffers from same symptoms? I feel I have no energy and I am housebound.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sara

poor you it sounds as if you are really suffering. At least your doctor is arranging for you to have an Angiogram. This will pinpoint the problem and he will then be able to treat you more specifically. Perhaps you should make your doctor aware of how difficult you are finding life and press him to make the Angiogram a matter of urgency.  In the meantime take care.

pauline

• Posted

Hi Sara,

Sounds like you need to see your doctor rather swiftly, the symptoms you have experienced could mean an array of things going on with you, I wouldn't be leaning towards Angina attack as pain in the ribs and legs is not a symptom of Angina, it's sounding more like a TIA , but in saying this you could be suffering everything you have experienced in one hit, Your Sciatica,Angina and symptoms of a TIA even worse stroke. Depending on what kind of Angina you have Nicorandil usually keeps angina in check it's a potassium channel activator with a nitrate component which means you have some sort of constant level of nitrate in your system and a spray or 2 of GTN should help ease normal angina.

I suffered the breathlesness and absolutely no energy for 2 weeks after I was told I had a mild heart attack (NSTEMI) I didn't feel any pain after the event as they filled me up on all sorts of medication to prevent another heart attack, I got the same feelings as my NSTEMI when I was also told I had a TIA 12 months later, My left arm felt funny for awhile,problems concentrating, and bad memory and feeling tired for 2 weeks as well with the TIA...

• Posted

Pardon me, but she said she is seeing her physician and that she has an angiogram upcoming.  I don't think she was looking for off-the-cuff lay diagnoses,
    • Posted

Well Pardon me!!.....What is an angiogram going to tell her with non symptomatic symptoms of Angina ?

I thought this was a forum where we all tried to help and give insight into conditions that all of us have experienced ?

• Posted

Quandryite....... And for starters you want to learn to read what a Poster puts down for us to read,"Does anyone else suffers from same symptoms? I feel I have no energy and I am housebound"

If you suffer Angina ,any kind of Angina you would know this ! ?

• Posted

So very sorry you're faced with all this.  Not "fun."  Has anyone evaluated all the medications you are taking and their interactions/side effects.  But perhaps you only have the nitroglycerin and potassium channel activator.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.