Suffering from anxiety and it's turned into depression as well

Posted , 8 users are following.

It all started suddenly...my horrible anxiety and I was afraid I was dying. The anxiety was so bad I lived in terrible fear. I stop taking Latuda because I believe it was the cause of my severe anxiety. I tried seeing my psychiatrist but was told he can't see me any sooner than the 25th. I am now suffering from anxiety and depression. I am not hungry, I don't want to get out of bed, I'm crying a lot and feel hopeless. I haven't showered since Saturday or changed my clothes. When I try to do things my anxiety kicks in and I have to try and fight it. I don't like waking up to see daylight...it makes me anxious and can't wait for night to come. My teeth are always clenched and I'm just so very sad. I just can't make myself even shower. My heart hurts emotionally. I need help! I explained this to my doctors office but they said I have to wait till the 25th!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm feeling like this non stop just want to be normal
    • Posted

I see no light at the end of the tunnel! I'm sorry you too feel like this. Will I ever go back to my normal? I wish I had words of encouragement for you but I can't even help myself. I'm sorry :-(
    • Posted

It's ok i want to be normal again and enjoy life without feeling this way. Hope things get better for you
  • Posted

The strongest most well rounded people have been through the hardest times...... this is yours, you will get help and you will beat this. 

Find a good psychologist to work with, CBT is great. Also look into all different types of meditation (trancendental is the best). There is so much you can do, especially as you are looking for help so early on. This will pass, you will beat this.

Life is a challenge, embrace it and enjoy it.

• Posted

Thank you! I will try to find a psychologist. It took much effort just to call my psychiatrist just to be turned away. I am a fighter and have gotten through much in my life but I feel like I don't have the fight in me anymore. I will look into meditation. Thank you for your encouraging words.
    • Posted

Sorry in advance but I may have you mixed up with someone else.  Were you not felling better last week?

lynda

• Posted

No, I haven't felt good in over a month. I must feel a bit better because writing in this forum feels like I would be running a marathon and hard to write. I found the strength to write today. Even responded to other posts. I wish I was feeling better.
  • Posted

Does your Psychiatrist, hospital or GP have a crisis team you can talk to? It might be worth ringing them if you can't wait until your appointment. Also, it might be worth having an appointment with your GP to see if they can do anything to help with the anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi JBM, many people I have seen in my professional career have thought that to have anxiety brings on depression or depression brings on anxiety. They are both and one of the same. You cant have one without the other. Depression (anxiety moderate to severe/ thought processes altered. Numerous, repetitious physical complaints without organic cause. Nervousness or fearfulness and feelings of inadequacy are all signs of anxiety. So the underlying cause is a varying form of depression. Regards Peter.
  • Posted

Hi sorry you're feeling bad sad don't have much advice other than that this will pass! In the meantime I highly recommend downloading an app called virtual hope box on your phone. It has a guided meditation and breathing exercise which I use whenever I'm feeling really anxious, which I have been recently too. It's horrible and I wouldn't wish it in anyone!

Go easy on yourself though when you're feeling like this and don't try and fight the feelings. Just roll with the anxiety because if you try and fight it you will feel worse. I hope this passes soon!

Abs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.