Suffering from anxiety while eating in front of other. What to do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This fear worsened a couple weeks ago and i've been experiencing very annoying symptoms like shaking(which is the worst cz it embarrases me so much) and racing thoughts while eating like i'm panicking. It first happened when i was eating at a friend's house. As i was uncomfortable, anxiety happened and started shaking while eating with a fork. Then it happened again in the same scenario many months later. Now, the thought of shaking is so stuck in my brain that whatever the case or the people i'm with (even closest friends and parents) i get terrible anxiety and it's very unlivable. What can i do? How can i stop these automatic anxiety from happening? I need help. Ps: i'm 18 y o

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have a similar problem just different topic. Are you thinking omg what if i start shaking in front of everyone while im eating and start panicking ? I did the same thing with my intrusive thoughts. They scared me so bad everytime i had to go somewhere i panicked if i didnt have my husband along with me. I have learned to let the thought come and dont fight it cause it makes it worse and you worry more. Its almost like you invite the thought accept it and it will eventually subside. It took me about a month of practicing to just let the thoughts come accept them and then i have them far and in between but tell myself i have been through this before nothing happened and ill be ok and left it at that. The more more you think about it the more present it is.
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps me knowing i'm not the only person dealing with this weird situation. I think i should learn to be more confident and less self conscious in social events. The question is how. 😓

• Posted

You can also look up ocd (pure O) that helped me get through alot as well it will help to retrack the brain but you have to give it time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.