SUFFERING FROM BLEPHARITIS AND OTHER UN DIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS.!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

For 3 years now I've been suffering. Started with excessive tears then went from that to being red, inflamed, sore, crusty.....you name it eek I've been back and forward to the eye dept in the hospital {UK}.....the last time was yesterday {Wednesday} and all I got from him was "Its blepharatis and other things going on??" He gave me a steroid cream which according to the leaflet should go in your eye but his written instructions are to put it on the lids twice a day. I did that last night and woke up with very {more so} itchy eyes and put it on again this morning and the eyelids also started stinging??? Anyway one of the questions I wanted to ask is has anyone heard of an operation done under local anaesthetic to put a couple of stitches in the outer corners or the eyes to lift them??? He was very busy and very sharp so I said yes and thought I can always cancel it when I know more about it.

Sorry for the ramble.

Love

Eileen

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eileen. Been suffering from sore stinging eyes and excessive watering for approx 3 months now. Sometimes dry and crusty too, especially first thing in the mornings. Just seen my doctor for the first time about it. Been prescribed antihistamine drops and tablets. Doing nothing! I am on brink of returning to doctor. Sorry I have no other info to offer you as just started on my journey but hope you get some help and look forward to following your progress. Geraldine, aged 49, non smoker, slim and in generally good health
    • Posted

Hi Geraldine

Thanks for your reply.......My eyes being crusty are like yours....mostly the morning....but the watering and soreness can happen anywhere...inside or outsidesad  Hope you get some satisfaction. I went to my GP to start with but they sent me to the eye dept in the hospital.....thats where I've been going....regular appointments for the past 3 yearseek  The GP's are loathe to touch them now because I'm "under this consultant"

Good Luck

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Dear Eileen,

I just found out that the wipes in the UK have .3% Benzalkonium Chloride in them.

Please use the ones I used as they have only .03% Benzethonium Chloride. That is a hughe difference.

You will have to order them on-line.

Wish someone would have told me this before.

Thinking of you,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hi Lynda

Who told you that and how do they know......I've looked at mine and it does givethe ingredients but no percentages????

Eileen

• Posted

Dear Eileen,

Someone on another site put that info for me to read. I worried so wanted people to use what I know is safe. I used the US wipes with Benzethonium Chloride at .03% and had no problems and neither did others.

Please orde the safe ones.

Thinking of you as know you are having a hard time.

Lynda79

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.