Suffering from daily headache ....

Posted , 3 users are following.

a month ago i had a sinus infection that took one failed antibiotic which i did not finish and two rounds of antibiotic to get rid of congestion, but i am left with a daily headache! its very frustrating, the only time i felt relief is when I took steroids that were given to me with the last antibiotic- doxy. once i got off the steroid i felt the headache coming on again. i dont wake up with it but it develops into the morning. starts behind my eyes and as the day continues it moves to my forehead and also middle top of my head, then i might feel pressure again on forehead and behind eyes into evening time. what is this craziness? i never suffered from headaches before ever. i gave blood which came back with elevated WBC count as well as CT with no contrast that came back normal. i also feel a little relief when i lay down, or chew food as weird as that sounds. the pain for the most part does not exceed a 4. its more dull and achy and annoying. i have no other symptoms...has anyone experienced anything similar? did anything help you get relief ? is this dangerous ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

mine is also mild, going on a month. very short and Sharp. just has ct scan( negative) blood test normal in july. first time i got these head pains was over a year ago, come and go, neck is sore and feels like a pinched nerve in my shoulder , not sure if it’s related. good luck to you

• Posted

Hi Liz

I am also going through this. Never had a headache in my life. It's been nearly 2 months and I have been getting headaches, no other symptoms. Took a blood test and had a CT scan which all came back normal. My pain is more of a burning sensation which starts from the back of my head and and lingers to my temple area. It's on the left side of my head. The hospital told me it's more of a tension type of headache as they can last for very long. They prescribed me with amitriptyline. Can't say it's done wonders but has helped a little with the pain at the back of my head. But the temple pain is still there. It's very annoying and I keep thinking I have a tumour even though there were no abnormalities in my brain. Hopefully we get through this and the pain subsides. Wish you well and all the best. Please let us know how you get on.❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.