Suffering from GAD/severe panic disorder for 8 years with new sysmptom scared its a more severe ment

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was diagnosed with GAD 8 years ago. my meds recently pooped out on me and am in between psychitirst so it will be 2 week before i see one. My problem is I am developing a new sysmptom I have never experinced with my anxiety before. I know that intrusive thoughts are a normal occurancy amoung anxiety sufferers. But mine dont seem the same as what most intrusive thoughts would be and it is causing me more panic and makeing me feel that i am going crazy or becoming schizaprenic. for eample: i was lying on the sofa the other day and begain to cough the immediate thought that came to mind was that maybe worms are causing me to cough. As soo as that thought poped into my head I told my self thats crazy why would you think that. but ever sense then I cant help but panic I am developing something more savior then anxiety.I constantly google symptoms of more severe mental ilnesses and constantly look at forums to see if anyone else has ever experianced these thought and if its just intrusive ones or something more of a concurn. I have other disturbing thoughts as well but that is just one of them. Please help I think I am going crazy..

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel. I think this is probably just another annoying symptom of anxiety. When mine was really bad I had all sorts of weird thoughts, including random thoughts and memories resurfacing for no reason. 

I remember I was at work and I was writing a case study once, as I work in marketing so do a lot of writing and copywriting etc and the content of it all seemed so weird and alien and scary I had to stop and run out to the toilets, but there was nothing weird/odd/strange about it, it was just one of my day-to-day tasks to write case studies, but I felt horrible feelings, like it was alien and just felt terrible claustrophic feelings, and I had to leave the office. Anxiety affects people in weird and awful ways. I am better than I was (this was 2012) but I still get bothered by it. I hope you can feel like you can discuss it with a GP/psychiatrist. Sometimes just reassurance can assist in helping you feeling a little better. x

• Posted

thanks it does help to know that they are probably at the time what i persive to be weird thought. I suppose if i wa sfeeling normal I probably wouldnt even think twice about it. I have discussed some of it with my therapist and she tells me im fine, but with anxiety you always have that what if in the back of your mind that haunts you. I do get to see an actually psychitrist in a week and hope this will settle some of my fears as well. Thanks again

• Posted

I think, first do some elementary tests  which rule out any major organic disease. then you get checked your Thyroid and hyperthyroid gland or you say get it checked from some endocrinologist. If endocrinologist says ok, then focus on levels of Vit B12, folate and Magnisium. If these levels are also not abnormally bad then focus on  three things i.e candida, Vit. D3 (25(oh) level and Gluten.I am dead sure that not only you but most anxiety/GAD/Somatization/Panic attack sufferers will find a solution among Vit B, Magnesium, anti candida diet, gluten free diet and repletion of vitamin D deficiency.  These are associated with vague symptoms which GP cant detect. Try one thing at one time and observe its effects. Even if a step taken in this direction will suit you, still initially symptoms will deteriorate for few days and by mistake you can abandon it thinking that it is harming you.  Good wishes.
    • Posted

I totally agree with this and have been reading about it alot. I have started to cut out gluten in my diet and I also have been taken vitamin B supplemnts. a lack of any of the vitamin B's can cause these problems. That is very good advice though like I said it is something I have been looking into. I have asked my doctor to check my GI for celiac disease but he will not do so cause he dont think that is a problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.