Suffering from Gastritis for 2 months

Posted , 8 users are following.

It all started 4 months ago. During a normal checkup, my X-ray showed some abnormality and doctor diagnosed TB and put me on TB medicines. For 2 months, I was fine with TB medicines but after 2 months of strong TB medicines I started suffering from Gastritis and now unable to get rid of it. I have lost over 18 lbs in past 2 months and the stomach doesn't seem to improve. I have tried zantac, ppi, Zinc Carnosine, DGl, non-acidic diet and everything else but still I feel burning sensation in stomach and it doesn't go away. I feel hungry but unable to eat because of pain. Endoscopy was normal and it just showed gastritis. The bowel movement is normal but now the stools are odorless (perhaps because of acid reducers and less absorption of food and the reason for weight loss). Any ideas what shall I try to get rid of this nightmarish gastritis?

Thank you for the help!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think it might be a reaction from TB medicines.

Is it possible you might be infected with HPylori? Did you get a test for that?

If not Hpylori, then you should look for reviews of Ibarogast on google.

Other natural remedies you may try are Green Tea and Chamomile tea.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply!

Yes I have tested for HPylori and the results are negative.

• Posted

hi Josh

gastritis is totoally miserable, I should know. some hints, avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and spicy food. drink Aloe vera juice, smoothies, banana, berries etc made with almond milk, drink the juice of boiled cabbage, vile but very good for sores in the tummy. get a good probiotic and eat only small amounts of bland food, homemade soup, boiled rice, plain chicken, not fat.

stick to this among with herbal tea and your stomach will heal.

good luck🙂

• Posted

Try milk to soothe the burning and try a food diary to find what foods irritate your stomach.

• Posted

Just wondering if you experience bad gas and painful bloating? I believe I have gastritis as well. I couldn't eat or drink water as my stomach hurt so bad.

Hoping you get better very soon

• Posted

A certified dietition or nutritionist can plan a proper diet for you. Many will accept insurance if referred by your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.