Suffering from infections...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone out there have issues with repeat yeast infections after their hysterectomy?  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well funny you should mention this but I've had a couple. I think it's the ovaries getting used to things. I'm eating sauerkraut and it's helping x

• Posted

I'm hoping that it's just part of the healing process.  I had my hysterectomy on July 20 and really haven't had any issues until these infections started.  

• Posted

Yikes..thats not fun, have you checked with your doctor?  Yeast infections are usually a sign of too much sugar.
    • Posted

I went to the doctor the first time and got a prescription. But it's not like a normal yeast infection.  Just itching and usually only at night when I trying to sleep.  Ugh!  

• Posted

Itching can be down to too much estrogen. Believe you me I have been reading ALOT 😂 X

• Posted

I'm pretty much sure it's down to hormones as the last time I had this I was pregnant 27 years ago! Hopefully it will settle x

• Posted

I hope you are feeling better soon, I can imagine that would be quite annoying
  • Posted

Hi Cindy, it can also be a sign of lack of oestrogen to particular areas. Suffered with it for a while after my hyster. Doc prescribed vaginal oestrogen pessaries...helped until hormones calmed down. Hope you get some help. Best wishes K

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.