Suffering from L5 S1 PIVD for 4 months. No pain since last 2 months but S1 compression signs present

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am medical doctor and suffering from L5 S1 PIVD for 4 months. It started 4 month back first as mild ache in back (2 months) aggrevated to very severe radiating pain (15 days). No pain since last 2 months but S1 compression signs present like numbness in back of left thigh and unable to pushoff (and stand on left toe) while walking. Please suggest some alternative medicine therapy.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Nothing has been more effective than deep tissue massage and ultrasound therapy for me. The manual stretching of the muscles relieves a lot of pain and stiffness. You have to continue with stretching several times a day at home and use heat therapy and anti inflammatorys.
  • Posted

Where do you get the deep tissue massage?

The manual stretching of muscles - for example, yoga or what?

• Posted

Just find a local masseuse that does deep tissue massage. A good masseuse will offer a free consultation first to discuss your history

• Posted

Thanks Natalie. However I am not sure about true masseuser. If I went to wrong one it may damage even more. I m based in India. Reg. Deep tissue massage I m not sure about what it is. Pl tell a bit more about them.

Regards

• Posted

You should also stretch you hamstring muscle throughout the day
  • Posted

This exercise is very useful. Its called a prone press up. You wont be able to extend your arms fully to begin with but over time you will be able to increase your range and stretch your back further

http://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/back-pain/back-pain-exercise-video-prone-elbows-press

• Posted

Thanks for wonderful information and the link. I shall religously practice the same. In meantime if you have more information pl post it.

Regards

• Posted

You're welcome. Keep moving as much as you can and relive the pain using heat patches and anti inflammatories
    • Posted

Hi. I recently met  a chiropractor and he suggested me to eat muscle relaxants again, stop all exercises except brisk walk and did some compression on nerve plexus in legs. He  is ofopinion that some chemicals are released by nerve endings by doing such manipulations. What do you suggezt. Any chiropractor in the group?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.