Suffering from Multiple Mental Health Disorders, What do I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Background: I started my first 9th grade year in 2013-2014. I had started to experience extreme changes in my mental and physical health and had talked with many, non-professional, adults I had known at the time and concluded I had a bad case of Insomnia. However, I had never gotten a diagnosis. Jump another year and I had started 9th grade over again because my credits didn't transfer when I had moved. I had landed in the hospital in September with a chest infection that caused me to go into Sepsis and then had Pneumonia not long after. This happened again and again around the same time of year for the next two years. I had dropped out because I physically and mentally couldn't complete the mountain of work they had put on me while I was recovering. We once again moved and by now I had aged out of my parents insurance.

Now: All throughout that time my family and I had focused on nothing other than, after being diagnosed, a physical-Autoimmune Disorder and ADHD, and put all my mental issues aside. Now, nearing 2019, my Insomnia has not gone away. On top of that I've started to experience extreme memory loss, to the point where I'm struggling to remember how to type and need to look at my keyboard now and again, motor functions are super slow, and emotions have been off the walls. Keep in mind, I was born AFAB, I suspect I have Aspergers because I've always had a hard time making friends and know I don't always respond correctly to people. I'm also super slow when it comes to certain social cues and haven't really felt like I belonged to my generation. I also suspect I have Short-Term Memory Loss, OCD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Bipolar Disorder -this one runs in the family.

I have no insurance and finally, after two years, found a retail job I can do without the fear of getting sick since my mother also works there and can be informed by the workers there if something were to happen to me during my shift. I'm honestly super weak and have tried applying for SSI/SSDI multiple times...they keep saying I haven't worked enough, although I'm almost 20 and haven't had the chance to work until this month because of being constantly sick, and have no proof because we moved before I could get my records. I have no money to get them and no insurance to get the tests I need in order to prove to Social Security that I'm not going to be able to work enough hours to live on my own and take care of all my health issues at the same time. What do I do? I'm really worried I'll end up in the hospital again but, this time from too much anxiety and mental degradation.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello friend,

That's quite a story. . .

I would suggest that you try to learn how to manage worry and fear and indeed your own thoughts.

Meditation is a great short term way of drawing your thoughts back to the present moment rather than them being in the future (worrying and anxiety) or in the past (sadness or depression) .

If you can learn to become the 'Watcher' of your thoughts it will be helpful to you in future years.

When you notice an unhelpful thought appear, acknowledge it, don't fight it, then let it pass.

Always take the advice of your doctor / medical professional and any medication they may prescribe to you.

Your story suggests that you are already very strong to have coped with so much at such an early age.

Peace 🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.