Suffering from PT for 6 months, any advice on how to cope?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been suffering from a what I thought was a minor form of psoriasis my whole life (keep in mind I am only 17) as it is hereditary and my mother also had it. About 6 months ago however it completely blew up and after two different biopsy’s (because my doctors weren’t ‘sure’ the first was right) it was confirmed that I have PT. I’ve been on many different medicines including antibiotics in the early stages and topical steroids, but nothing seems to kick the rash completely and it’s gotten to a point where I don’t even trust my doctors diagnosis. Not only do I not respond to treatment nor has it not gone away on its own like it’s supposed to, but I also have it in abnormal areas such as my face and down my arms, as well as about 90% of the rest of my body. I also don’t really remember or am able to identify a herald patch or any sort of pattern in the marks that lead me to believe it’s PT. I know I should trust my dermatologist of course, but the amount of time the rash has occurred and my doctors inability to do anything to fix or even reduce the problem has put a damper on pretty much every aspect of my life as all I can think about is the ugly marks on my skin and the irritation I get from every item of clothing I wear. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Also I am aware it should be referred to as PR, my brain got stuck on PT for some reason! 
  • Posted

Hi , 

Sorry to hear that, Sucks. I am sure there is something that will work for you. Have you tried slopping on some aloe vera? (get the pure stuff) it worked for me, at least to ease the itchiness.  

I wanted to ask did any get any other symptoms at all?  I am intrigued because I did , and feel a bit alone in that. 

Hope everyone heals up sharp, and the uv / sunlight treatment sound fab, I could do with some sun!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.