Suffering from Stomach Ulcer and Antral Gastritis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All !

One year back in 2014, I had some bitter experience of my life ever. I went abroad for my higher study. Just stepping inside the city, I got sick badly and suffered from heavy stomach pain with black stool. I was hospitalized but they couldn't treat me in better way. I got back to my home town. I got evaluated by colonoscopy, endoscopy, liver function and kidney test. Atleast they could detect my problem as a gastric ulcer with the help of endoscopy and concluded that it is H. Pylori associated bacterial infection by Biopsy test.

I was On PPI for 1 month, Got recovered but always had stomach pain and heaviness. I went for re-endoscopy to rule out the Ulcer possibilities and finally Drs concluded that your ulcer got healed but still Antral gastritis exists there in stomach.  I am still under treatment.  Again they have prescribed me Rabeprazole-20, Meva C and Gaviscon medicines  but my gastritis problems are not getting off. I am under diet control but don’t knw how to overcome and get rid off?? Can somebody explore his/her experience to cure the chronic gastritis?? Its been really hell for me to survive the life nowadays . I will be grateful ??

Thanks with Regards !

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest talking to a naturopath. Generally it is not covered by ins but it may well be worth it. Through my experience, I am hoping to get off PPIs by healing. It has only been one month, but I do feel better. I am able to go to bed and get a good night's sleep  and no problems eating. I have given up coffee, alcohol and wine, and avoided fried foods and it is summertime, I really want some clams or fish and chips. From suggestion on another thread, I am getting the book Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook from the library to see if it is anything worthwhile. 
    • Posted

You might like to look at a new Kindle book by the Reflux MD site as it also looks at diet as the possible cure. I havent bought it yet as I am waiting for more reviews - currently only one but the book is under $10. At least one in this group have had success with Dropping Acid. Sadly it didnt float my boat.
    • Posted

I have Dropping Acid on hold at the library.  Like in all areas be it crafts, food, etc. because of cost and sometimes it is just not worth the purchase, I like to look over books before I decide if it is something that needs to be in my home library.  I will take a look at your suggestion.   Thank you.
  • Posted

Hi neekkamal..are you from india? I had antral gastritis due to h pylori myself 6 months back. .thankfully no ulcers..my gastritis seems to have healed mostly...I am just left with some annoying in the throat which I an trying to cure. .I was re tested and my h pylori is now gone. I can send you a private msg. We can have a chat and see if it helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.