suffering in silence

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had awfull side effects form this drug and only now am i facing them..i am low in the morning (most mornings) i cry some days and lately felt like ending my life! the head aches are terrible..and i feel tired all the time even when i sleep well! ive gained a stone and i hardly eat! i have no motivation to do anything..i want to swap over to another tablet !! im on 30mg  a night i had it increased a few months back and they awfull feeling im getting are getting worse ive taken one now but not the full 30mg ..how do i change over to something else ..please help!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been on mirtazapine for almost 5 months now, I too get the morning blues,

drowsiness, I also seem to become very angry with myself for no reason and frustrated,

I too tend to cry alot more, I have tried to kill myself with no success obviously,

I went back to my doctors friday gone and explained how it makes me feel, , was put on 45mg instead of 30mg, was told to

try for two weeks and if no improvement to inform the doctors, and to look at trying something else.

If you are not happy with being on mirtazapine and the side effects are making you feel worse I suggest you ask your doctor for something else, explain exactly how they make you feel, they obviously are not working in the way they should for you, as with any

medication it doesnt suit everyone, or work in the same way..

You are not alone and hope this helps x..

• Posted

hello stoninia thank you for you post! i spoke with doc today im seeing them next week! she couldnt understand why i havent said anything..i tend to think people will judge me ..i want off now!! the last straw was having throughs of sucide! i hope the 45mg help you but please dont suffer the way i have for the last 18 months...julie
    • Posted

Hi there,

You and stoninia both realy need to evaluate if the Mirtz is causing your suicide thoughts, as it's well known for this, thats why in the states it comes with a black box warning!  I also found this. I'm just tapering down from 30mg down to 8mg now, and its been very gradual, over the last 6 weeks, and not been easy for me.  It maybe easier for you but be careful trying.  Theres loads of tapering advice on theis forum.  But when I got down to around 15mg and less the thoughts stopped, and now I can't believe what the hell I was thinking!

Take care and warmest regards

Norman

• Posted

hi norman, i have done two nights now on 25mg ..sleep ok but vivid dreams..scarey! why did it take months for these thoughts of sucide came along? stoninia i hope your ok ..thank you norman for replying ..julie
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

Thanks for asking, I'm having a low day today but no strange thou

thankfully,

I have stopped taking 45mg and sticking with 30mg week on Friday, for some reason I seem more angry than before, and the thoughts was coming with vivid pictures to boot.

All of this is taking its toil on my relationship more than ever, and scares me of the outcome if I carry on like I am, I have however requested to be referred to mental health

team, just have to wait for appointment which can take anything up to 8 weeks, and however long for the actual date..

I am hoping that speaking about how I feel and getting to the trigger, start point of my depression etc will give me some understanding and a way to deal with my emotions,

feelings of anxiety,

I hope all goes well for you at doctors, and you find something more suited...

Ann.

• Posted

hi soninia,

Hello  im sorry your having a bad day...im so angry they put people on this drug! im scared sobbing my heart out this isnt fair im so scared i just keep thinking i cant get any worse than i felt the other day ! we have to stay strong ! its this drug i know it is! i just want to sleep and get through this..will can do it ..thank you for ur message ann     julie 

• Posted

Any time julie.

I can honestly say itisn't just mirtazaoine that makes me feel this way, I have had

fluoxatine, citalapram and amatriptalyne, the latter being worse than the rest, never

had the energy to get up and out of bed let alone function properly to do daily, easy

tasks,

I am so grateful for forums such as this as I now don't feel so alone in suffering this

indescribable way, don't get me wrong I still talk to myself and sadly answer lol.

But it is a relief to say the least,

You are right in saying we should be strong, it's founding the strength to.

Ann

• Posted

hi stoninia,

On my 3rd night of cutting back..one day over another to the day of our goal :-) this forum is a god send! sleep well if not rest well ...julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.