Suffering in silence until now

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had premenstral dismorphic disorder all of my reproductive years. Which almost killed me before I found a treatment that helped with the symptoms and gave me my life back. I still pray for my period to start so I can stop hiding and live. it wasn't easy but I always knew relief was one drop of menstral blood away so I could hang on.i wasn't  told that premenopause would throw me in to perpetual hell but of course it has. Without my period I have no relief from the depression, irrational mood swings and completely inappropriate behaviour that goes with my pmdd. I have a doctors appointment in a few days, praying I can hang on and that she will have a plan to rescue me from this hell before it completely destroys my life....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly.  I have found this forum to be very helpful as I go through this journey.  Hope the doctors are able to help you!
  • Posted

Hang I now there

I've been going through peri for ten years 

Thought it was over until a thyroid operation six weeks ago

Brought on a period!!!

I won't pretend it's easy but I will say keep venting here

You will be amazed at how wonderful all these ladies are

I went in mirtazapine an antidepressant for a while it helped calm me down and sleep 

No other medication as yet

This journey is one that has taken the wind out of my sails 

I'm not the same person any more 

Don't think I ever will be

So I'm back to counting for another year and also having to have my thyroid function tested due to the surgery to remove half of it due to a lump

That has knocked me back yet again

Hopefully your doctor can suggest something 

Just to add my sister had severe pms she went in amitrypline for migraines but it calmed her pms symptoms

Not sure how you feel about Antidepressants but whatever way you choose to go don't give up

We are all here for you x

• Posted

I share your feelings and  I am sorry you are feeling this way.  I have been in perimenopause for about 5 years now and I cannot believe how terrible it has been. No one ever tells you about what you may go through when you reach this stage of life.  I had no idea....honestly, the only things I ever heard muttered were hot flashes, weight gain and eventually my period would "go away",  No one ever tells you that you may feel like you're going crazy, or have heart palpitations, night sweats, fear that doesn't seem to ever go away, a complete change in cycles (shorter, longer, lighter bleeding, heavier bleeding), gastrointestinal issues, pain (anywhere--mentally and physically).  It is scary and frustrating, but I do believe that there is a light at the end of the long, dark tunnel.  

Please know you are not alone in your feelings.  I find it very helpful to use this forum as often as I need to.  The ladies who share their stories have been wonderful support.  

I really don't know how to get through some days, but I find that if I write down how I'm feeling, I get tremendous support from the ladies in this forum.  I am grateful to know that I'm not alone....and please remember YOU are not alone!  I pray that your doctor will be able to provide some relief.  Hang in there.  I know it will get better based on the stories I've read here.  Hugs---Sarah

• Posted

Just wanted to let you know I sent you a private message.

Cheers Rosemary😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.