Suffering with hidradenitis. Seeking plastic surgeons

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey, I've been suffering from HS for 9years and it's been getting worse. It started with my right armpit then moved to my left arm. Now, I'm suffering severly in my groin area. Which is very embarrassing and shameful. I'm seeking a plastic surgeon to remove sweat glands and scarred tissue in all three areas. Can some please help me . I've been doing inline searches but can't seem to find a plastic surgeon in the PA area. I'm willing to travel. I just want these things gone. I'm 28 and have no kids. I want my life back 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nick,

The HS Institute in Westlake Ohio might be a good option. They are located near Cleveland. Dr. Paul Hazen does laser surgery for HS patients.

Tim

• Posted

Hey Tim, 

Do you know of he does laser surgery in both areas armpits and groin? 

• Posted

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure. They will want to see you first for an initial evaluation. Lead times for an appointment is very long.

Another option is Dr. David Adams in the Dermatology Department at Penn State University in Hershey, PA. Not sure if he does surgery or someone else in the Department does. You'll have to ask.

Tim

• Posted

Hi. I'm sorry you're in pain. I hope that you find a really good surgeon and that it helps. I think a good place to maybe start getting information to find a really good surgeon is through a dermatologist. They would be able to send you to the right kind of surgeon. Good luck with everything and wish you well
    • Posted

I have an appointment with my dermatologist on the 1st of July. I will make sure to ask them about surgery and plastic surgeons. 

Thanks Nicole

• Posted

Hello, I'm sorry your suffering. I myself suffer mostly in the groin area, but the last year it has improved signifigantly. A year ago I went vegan and I would never have dreamed that it would help my hs (I did it for other reasons). I still have some boils, but definately not as severe and as often as before. Before I could never dream about having sex because I always had a flare up and it could possibly burst and be gross for my partner, but now it's not an issue most of the time.

Of course I don't know if this would help everyone suffering hs, but it would at least be worth a try!

(keep in mind it can take a month or two for you to notice a difference)

• Posted

Wow! I just started my vegan journey last week. I'm hoping that my decision of becoming a vegan makes a difference. It's only the beginning, so I'll see. 

Thank you so much Matilda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.