Suffering with mixed symptoms for 2 years please help me is this IBS :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am just seeking help from experienced people as I could not get any help from the doctors I have been visiting! to give a bit info about myself I am extremely sensitive person, Anxiety has been part of my life but I learnt how to live with it, I eat relatively healthy as a default. No smoking,no alcohol OR Any health problems.

2 years ago after a weightlift /hiit workout I sat down to eat and I realized I can not take a deep breath as if something was pressing to my lungs and felt bloated in seconds, I just thought I ate so fast and tried to relax hoping it would go away but it didn't. Next few days no matter what I ate even small amount I felt bloated/ stuffed and my breathing problem was so disturbing. I also realized sharp pain between my shoulder blades and also on the same place on my chest. With severe constipation (I was always a bit constipated all my life so it wasnt a big indicator for me)

so far they checked:

-Endoscopy : Clean, No hiatus hernia, No Helicobacter, no ulcers nothing, They actually said it looks just healthy.

-Gal Bladder Ultrasound: Clean

-Multiple Blood Tests: Tyroid clean, kidneys livers heart or vitamins are quite normal

-Chest X ray: 2 times and clean

-EKG s : Multiple times all clean

NOW they referred me to have Cardiac stress test and spirometria test for asthma.

-They prescribed PPI s I used a bit but did not help and I quit.

My breath gets interrupted mostly When I eat sometimes as soon as I take a bite and start chewing, sometimes after eating something so random. I mainly feel it extra if i eat fast, It triggers madly IF I LIFT something heavy( including grocery bags) If I do heavy workouts or something requires effort... I sometimes feel bloated and some sounds from my stomach/intestines. NEVER having Diarrea.

I don't know if this is GERD OR IBS or whatever I am so lost and I need your opinions/help 😦

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I jusSwanna know if anyone else is experiencing breathing difficulties with IBS

• Edited

Hello,

The fact that it is worse when lifting would suggest a hiatus hernia. Have you had the barium swallow test?

Apparently sometimes sliding hiatal hernias can be a bit difficult to find.

Another option might be to look into SIBO if you haven't already.

I totally experience breathing difficulties that I feel comes from my bowels/stomach putting pressure on my diaphragm.

I have Sibo and now going for further testing.

• Edited

Hey, Thank you so much for your answer! I haven't done SIBO yet It was on my mind but I could not do it, In recent endoscopy (2021!august) Hiatus hernia not found BUT in 2017 endoscopy result stated as "minimal hiatal deficiency/insufficiency (had to translate that hope it makes sense) Maybe it is a moving Hernia as you mentioned but they can not detect it in endoscopy I also did not get the barium swallow test, Planning to get it done too, as I thought if this is some ezophagus problem, I will keep trying, as i dont have crazy IBS symptoms than bloating and constipation, and my main problem is breathing problem both while eating/after eating and workouting or carrying something:( Hope yours heals fast top and you feel relief and comfort ❤

• Posted

Hope you can get those tests done and find some answers. It's frustrating to not feel well and have no idea what can be causing it.

Best of luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.