suffering with severe what I thought was cramp,

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking alendronic acid for a few years now, and it has only just occurred to me that it may be connected with AA

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've just posted a reply to this and it has disappeared???????

I was on AA for a few months and suffered with nausea the day I took it, GP changed me on to another on but the same family.....same result!!! I'm now on another one {once again the same family} but I only take this one once a month so her assumption was that if I only take it once a month and suffer with nausea etc that would be bearable rather than once a week

Recently I've been waking with cramps in both calfs.......severe enough to waken me and i never had any problems before with this so you could be right

Lets see if anyone else has any ideas

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Hi Eileen64 UK,    it may be worthwhile getting the blood flow in your legs checked.  My father had been on alendronic acid for over eight years and it truned out he arterial disease which was only diagnosed when it got to critical limb ischaemia (he nearly lost his feet).  It is unlikely to be that,  but I know that severe cramps in your legs at night is one of the signs that blood flow is not all it should be.  That is the short version of the story.  Hope you get some results and pain free nights.
    • Posted

Hi Beulah

Thanks for that information......I'll go to the GP and see what she says {I'll just tell her about the sever cramps etc} She's not the type that you tell to do tests or go to her with a self diagnose  LOL

Love

Eileen      UK

• Posted

I was precsribed Alendronic Acid for osteoporosis while waiting for a parathyroidectomy. It made me nauseous and it turned out that I should not have been taking it until after the operation anyway. Post operation and I am now having six monthly injections of denusomab to help strentghen my bones. Six weeks in and I have had no side effects so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.