Suggestion for those suffering from urinary frequency and urgency.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wanted to share a finding that has really helped me out regarding my urinary pressure, frequency and urgency. I have IC and OAB. I previously was on Vesicare in my thirties for OAB and was able to stop it. Once perimenopause hit around 43, I noticed all my urinary symptoms plus IC started. I tried Vesicare again and it resulted in having to go to the ER due to fast heart rate. I tried Oxytrol patch but that gave me horrible headaches.

My husband had pumpkin seed oil capsules 1000mg that he bought for his heart. In my readings, I found that it also helped people with my urinary symptoms. Even better, there are no side effects and is was good for my IC. I take one in morning and one in evening - with some food.

I started them and immediately noticed a difference. For some people it does take a few weeks to one month. Anyway - I don't feel my urethra or bladder. I haven't felt this good in years. I wanted to share my success with all of you as you are always so helpful to me with my issues.

All the best,

Jen

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I'm gonna try this thank you for the info I've had it!

• Edited

you are welcome! please let me know how it works for you!

• Posted

What kind of symptoms were you having with your bladder? For the past 2-3 months, I have been having pain when I urinate. I know its not a UTI but has similar symptoms. About halfway through urinating, I get a cramped up pain in my lower right side and my urethra will burn like crazy. Also, my urine will be very concentrated at times?! I have been afraid that i have endometriosis so bad that it could be wrapped up around my kidneys or something?? Any help would be soooo appreciated 😃

• Posted

Hi Tara,

I am sorry regarding your urinary issues. My issues were not similar to yours and they are more frequency - with no pain or urine burning. My issue is related to bladder issues stemming from low estrogen and pelvic floor dysfunction from repeated infections. The pumpkin seed oil helps calm the bladder and allows me to not pee as often.

Have you seen a urologist? I did in the beginning and was tested for everything (bladder cancer and had an MRI). The MRI would show if it is endometriosis. I hope you find out the cause of your issues soon as I know how stressful it can be.

All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.