Suggestions for pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with this in my left foot and I've noticed the less I walk the more the nerves react when I do walk, is this normal? I've been on Neurotin for 6 wks and haven't felt a change, any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have had crps in both legs for years and about 2 years ago both feet began hurting. The pain in my feet became so bad I could no longer walk more than a few feet. I was then diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy. Could you explain the pain in your foot?
    • Posted

Tingling shooting pain every time I step. I've only been able to walk on the heel and outside of my foot since August. Any kind of touch is like a pencil lead scraping across.

• Posted

Were you diagnosed by a neurologist ? Are you diabetic ? It could be the start of sfn ( small fiber neuropathy ) my pain began the same way and after 2 years I could no longer work. Sfn can be diagnosed by a skin biopsy you may want to mention this to your Dr.
    • Posted

Yes and no I'm not diabetic. He wants to put a neuro stimulator in, but after all the comments I'm not so sure. I definitely will ask about that. Thank you. I appreciated your help

• Posted

Hi again, neurontin did not help me at all. You should ask your neurologist about small fiber neuropathy. They tried the trail stimulator on me last year and made the pain much worse. After that I was diagnosed with sfn and the pain now is unbearable. SFN is diagnosed by a skin biopsy. Good luck
  • Posted

Neurontin did absolutely nothing for my CRPS nerve pain. I'd suggest asking your Dr to try something else immediately. Neurontin is just garbage in my experience

• Posted

Have they done any de sensitivity exercises with you? That is very important 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.