Suggestions Please?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I'm just looking for suggestions to put on my surgery scar, it's healing but makes my ankle feel so tight and it restricting my movement, it's itchy and very tender to touch even though it's been 2 months since surgery. Look awful as well. I've been putting Vit E and Emu Oil on but wondering if there is anything else i could try?

Thanks Heaps

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i am experiencing the same although i did get infection in mine after surgery and the scar got very sore . is yours an itchy burny restrictive feeling? i am going to try vit e and a friend suggested myrrh essential oils

• Posted

Yep that's exactly how mine feels, it's also quite tender to touch. I'll definitely give the essentials oils a go thanks heaps for the suggestion. Have you tried the vit e yet?

• Posted

i had tried vit e after the stitches dissolved, but had to stop since i got infection 😦

i also find that if i have a warm bath with oils and get it soft then massage up around my ankle beside the scar it really helps . im going to my massage therapist that also does special work on scars i will let you know how it goes. the problem with scars is it tightens up and then restricts our movement & then that causes more scar tissue

• Posted

vitamin E oil and cocoa butter worked for mine. But the important thing was putting it on every morning and night and as much as it scares you, actually rubbing it into the incision as much as pain allows.

• Posted

I've just started using cocoa butter so hoping that helps, kind of trying everything lol. But yes it's hard when it's so tender to touch but you need to get the cream in

• Posted

Hi, I use argan oil, it's working great at making all the dry and dead skin drop off that's around the incision scabs. I'm 8 weeks post surgery.

• Posted

look for cream with arnica in it.

This will help with muscular aches and pain. It's not a heat up type cream, in fact some of them have mint in them so they can be a bit cold feeling. But it really works,

some of the tenderness might be from the hardware under the scar.

I have some really gritty knotty feeling spots along the hardware.

Aveeno works great for me on my itchy skin - I haven't tried it on my ankle but it works well on my hands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.