Suicidal

Posted , 10 users are following.

I just dont know how to carry on I hate myself and my life

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi bikerjools49,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Patient

• Posted

jules please message us, whatsapp or facebook. we are here for you xx

• Edited

Dear Bikerjools,

I know the feeling and I spent a brief period of my life on the bed unable to get up. But for me the spell was broken when my brother told me about having goals. Just babystep goals really. One little thing you can accomplish for that day will be enough to raise your spirits a bit. Then once you get the gist of it you can begin to do more than one thing.

For me the goal I found that saved me was to work on a painting every day. I'm an artist and had abandoned it for a time.

Before long my spirits had returned to normal and I had a lot of enthusiasm for life and even was able to do a short run in the morning before settling down with my coffee to work on a painting. And I've been painting all my life ever since then and it sustains me and makes me a happy person.

• Edited

I wish it was that easy,to much to deal with No where to escape I feel this is only way

• Posted

So sorry, that was all I could come up with because it's what helped me. I truly hope you find more helpful ideas on this forum. It's a good one.

• Posted

whatever is wrong if you tell people your head may cope easier, try what have you got to lose? it doesn't matter what it is you now have us intrigued.

• Edited

I know this is a very old post , I googled suicidal and found this topic, but I find myself in a similar position and would like to know you are now bikerjools.

• Edited

this is a short snippet of time in your life. Do not assume that this would be your entire life because it would not.

People go through all kinds of things but at some point they are able to look back and just be glad it’s over with and they are still here.

Don’t waste your whole life when you don’t have all the information and resources yet.

many times our thoughts are misguided Because we only look at one you say it’s the only way but that’s not true. .

Give yourself a chance!here is a number you can call 24 seven. It’s confidential and they can help you and provide resources ..

for you. 800-273-8255.we are here for you! Let us know how you are doing. ❤

• Posted

Jan,

it's not a snippet, it's been my life, I'm a retired pensioner now.

Just saying that's all.

• Posted

Should I have thanked jan there? Confused.

Was jan's post for me even?

• Posted

I'm slowly going crazy here. I've spent time putting together an e-mail and there's no-one to send it to. You'll just have to trust me on that, there's nobody, "Cracks in an overworked underfunded system". I really am struggling.

I'm sorry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.