Suicidal fear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone again, I'm posting this time regarding my fear of death like everyone with anxiety has on really high levels. I think about death probably everyday maybe not all day long but mostly everyday and for many times through out the day. I have been getting better these past months but I don't know why I get random depression days and it brings me down and all I think about is death and how I don't want to die or how maybe one day I'll see as suicide being the only way out. My brother attempted suicide last year and really affected me could be why it's constantly in my thought but then again I don't know if I'm just becoming suicidal myself because I think of it so much or it's just my fear of it playing tricks on me . Might be a little confusing but wanted to see if anyone has the same constant fear of suicide as me .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think everyone with panic attacks or depression or both has had that thought. I also very strongly believe and know if there was a reset button and we could be all good most likely id say everyone would take the reset button. I need a healthy reset button too haha. Having the thought and embracing the thought are two completly different things. I personally wouldnt say its a fear of suicide or a fear of death but more a fear of a poor quality of life. I could be wrong but thats how i see it. 

Because of the unknown, religious beliefs, thr permanancy of it all its best to seek every avenue to help you heal and recover rather then bow out now. They are hinestly doing a lot of research now. They didnt used too. And they feel within a decade they will have a fix for anxiety/depression/ocd so hold on. 

The world needs to be more aware of each other. More compassionate and a lot less materialistic and we would all be better off.

• Posted

Yea I would take that reset button any day over this. Thanks for the reply . I guess my obsession with death and suicide gets the better of me and makes my mind play tricks on me. I don't feel the intention of suicide or do I want too even tho sometimes I get the usual , "I don't wanna deal with this anymore" thoughts or I just wanna give up but I'm sure everyone does.

Hopefully that's true and they do find cures for all this !

• Posted

Google medical breakthrough in anxiety. They are working on it. Google scholar has stuff too. This is NOT forever.
  • Posted

My best friend committed suicide 3 years ago. Before that, I never thought of it. Its an eye opener when it actually happens to someone near you, I found I suddenly began debating on it alot after him, but then at the same time would never think of it on just a bad anxiety day, it's always a depression day.

Just because your brother unfortunately tried this route, doesn't mean you will at all. Depression that severe is a complete hit or miss and happens to random people.

I wish I could give you advice on how to stop it, but I haven't figured that one out yet. I think everyone in here has thought about suicide at one point or another, but as long as were strong enough to not act on it is what counts.

• Posted

I deal with this everyday as well, I a various cycle with me. I feel for you. I don't think suicide is the way out and I hope I never get that feeling. I fear health anxiety so bad I would be afraid to do something like that. I stay dizzy as well like my head is full pressure and off balance. I wish you the best. Stay on here for support. Awesome people with great advise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.