Suicidal - need help/support.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Things are really difficult at the moment and have been for a while. My depression has hit a serious lowanf both doctors/mental health services are aware but haven't really done anything. The CMHT that I'm under are aware of current suicidal thoughts and self harm yet say I'm no risk to self. I don't know what to do anymore, I literally don't feel I can go on any longer. I am contemplating committing suicide right now but no one will listen. I've tried reaching out because I'm scared of what I may do but there's no help or support. I don't know what help I need but I just can't carry on 'living' any longer.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jodie,

What sort of help are you looking for? If you are feeling suicidal then the best people to speak to will be your CMHT. Please give them a ring ASAP.

Hugs x

• Posted

I don't really know what I need right now.. I've rung them before but they're honestly useless - I keep getting told to 'self help' by the use of online support groups and forums by them which isn't working and when I tell them I have suicidal thoughts and am self harming, they turn a blind eye. I just don't know where else to turn.

• Posted

Then I would suggest going to your GP ASAP. You should be able to get an emergency appointment?
  • Posted

You sound exactly like me - all what you say is the same situation as i am in , i have well over 30 packs of tablets here an though my local CMHT ( mine is Weymouth & Portland in Dorset ) are fully aware as i have been very opened to them about my intentions they have chosen to ignore it even today they know i am at high risk . I desperately hope you find someone who will listen to you , one suggestion is go to your local A&E an ask to speak to whoever is on duty , that is what the charity MIND always advise me to do if you are in the UK , when i wasn't listened to during the first 6 months of 2015 i was in an out of A&E like a yoyo as was the only place i was listened to then i had a decent person who took me on at the CMHT an things went along okay with his patiences , art therapy , decent psychiatrist , etc then he had to pass me over to someone shortly before Christmas an that new person was young , inexperiened , a friend of mine  passsed away suddenly after Christmas who upset me alot , told the young man i was having trouble dealing with it an he ignored it so with having gone from a good care coordinator to this young man my mental health took a serious turn for the worse . Hopefully some others on here will be able to help you far better then what i have , please take care , will be thinking of you xx

• Posted

Hi Jodie,  I'm really sorry to hear that you're in so much pain right now.  I felt like you last week and nearly went through with it but stopped and spoke with a family member.  This week has been better for me and I'm still working through my depression/anxiety.  I want to/I am sending you some hope and strength to carry on.  And also hoping for the right person for you to speak to at least lighten your heart a bit.

with love, Rusty 

• Posted

Jodie

We can help by listening.

Talk about your fears to your GP, expain you are unhappy and you feel your concerns are not being addressed. So make a GP appointment, Monday

If you are feeling so low and are in danger of cutting or Suicide make a call to the NHS INFORMATION SERVICE Tel 111 then explain your wories and concerns.

I tried suicide many years ago and My Wife was conerned I would try last year. It brought down upon my head the full force of Crisis Team and a new CPN. They checked me for five weeks in case it was dementia and pushed a great number of tests down upon my Head

It has been over twelve months now and i take thse dementia tests again soon. I have a Short Term Disorder and now not trusted when it comes to my Depression. Believe me when I say the whole nasty situation I find myself in is not worth all the distrust and interrogation. 

Get on with your life and enjoy. It is the only one we get

• Posted

Hope all goes well with your tests , you are always on the ball here an give many wise words , What would NHS 111 do if you told them you were feeling suicidal ? , Mind Charity always tell me to go to A&E , Take Care , have a good weekend .

• Posted

You can go to A and E although the waiting times are very long an you will wait to be seen, they refer on possibly

You contact the NHS Healthline and they can get the Crisis Team out quicker and treatment can be introduced within less than a day.

They can also arrange you to be sectioned into a Mental Health Hospital or can arrange ambulances if your overdose or cut etc

BOB

• Posted

Okay thanks , when i was in an out of hospital first 6 months of 2015 i was often taken by ambulance so got seen quickly , fantastic A&E - were never judgemental , were kind , caring , etc then i would either be allowed home or upstairs in a ward - the Crisis people were usually the ones who would call out the ambulance , we have the Crisis number to ring out of hours , weekends , etc which i used to ring , sadly i cannot ring them when the CMHT are open hence why i asked about NHS 111 , i have never been sectioned to the unit we have here despitse the fact that the psychiatrist who i see at CMHT fully aware of my struggles which are far worse then they ever been an one friend even emailed her telling of her concerns regarding me .

• Posted

Hi my experience is if you tell them you are suicidal they tend to ignore you.  But if you say you have a plan then they take it seriously.  So tell them you have a plan and the means to do it and they should swing into action very quickly.
    • Posted

Hello - good to hear from you , how are you doing ? , thank you for your advice - will do that , i am hoping it will not come to it but i can only be strong for so long , i have had no one at the centre to talk through my thoughts , feelings so that has made it harder , i did have a young man who was new to the centre - CPN but i was too complicated for him , besides having trust issues, feeling at ease - takes me a while where the professional sector is concerned i had a friend who passed away suddenly an it hit me hard but all he wanted was for me to make goals , etc despite me telling him i was too confused to think clearly as this death of a friend who i used to meet up with to do shopping as we had the same interests , etc was hard for me too handle as i had been visiting in her hospital over Christmas an she was talking about going home to her "family" - cats as she was missing them then i get the news that she had passed away , i needed help with that rather then worrying about goals , etc at that time so he dropped me but i am getting used to being passed over , i am too quiet , cannot kick out , shout , scream , etc to get my voice heard , not able to verbally express myself . there are too many times that those words "We didn't think they were serious" is said , I can relate to Jodie so much xx

• Posted

Hi Maria I am just trundelling alone as usual I guess.  Thanks for asking. 

At least you have been offered counselling inadequate though it is.  It is being heavily rationed in my area and I was turned down for  it despite having suicidal thoughts.  I was assessed by a young woman who ran off to speak to the psychiatrist who diagnosed me without even seeing me as having 'moderate' depression.  He said to up my meds and stop my mirtazapine despite me not sleeping at night if I don't take it.  I refused point blank.   It's a total farce isn't it?  

I am like you and don't scream or shout etc. and I have decided they must consider me too old now in my 60's to bother about.  I can understand it but it doesn't help me much. 

I have decided that if I do decide on suicide even without a plan I would just tell my doctor coz you have got to at least ask for help haven't you?  If that was ignored it would be ok I have done what I could so would just go ahead with it.   At least the Govt. would save money on my meds and state pension wouldn't they?   it wouldn't matter much to anyone though would it?  Not even me.

I wish you lots of help though so don't listen to the ramblings of an old, unwanted,  depressed women.  Get the help you need love.  All the best.  xx

• Posted

Are you currently on any meds? You are here so you obviously want help and that's the first step to recovery. We all understand and will listen. Have you talked to your GP about how you are feeling or only the CMHT? It is possible to overcome depression. I have on the right meds. Please keep in touch on this site.

Take care,

Phyllis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.