Suicidal thoughts daily

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have no one to talk to so have come on here, I think that’s the problem no one to chat to or just chat to about anything in life in general,  the feelings of worthlessness and lack of hope are very bad at the moment.  I have no appetite and am struggling with compounded emotions as well.  I think how I would end it daily, it’s not that I want to it’s just how else do you deal with emotions and failures that you feel about yourself when you feel no ones cares.  People forget people they move on.  I still miss my Mam who died and struggling with empty nest, both things were my life and now it seems very empty.  All the things you have to look forward to when young are done and gone now.   The voice always calling me a loser if hard to shake off, I look in the mirror and someone just calls me ugly.  I’ve no idea where to go from here.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue162

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Sue I hear you.  Can you talk to your children? Or maybe siblings?

I too feel like I have no friends just people I work with. It seems everyone is surrounded by family and have no time for me. Don’t be alone go for a walk or volunteer look for something positive in your day. No matter how small. 

• Posted

No definately I wouldn’t tell children, I hide it I’ve got good at hiding and with siblings.  Anything takes effort apart from I cycle.  The loss of hope is what’s bad.  Sorry you have no one either thank you for chatting.  
  • Posted

Hi I think the antidote if to have as many things and people in your life that you enjoy as possible.  That way if a major thing goes you still have back up.  I have never had any children and too many of my friends concentrate almost exclusively on their families giving a very low priority to friends.  Fortunately I also have ones who value their friends too.  I drop the former and keep the latter.  Then if the former group then lose what they value most or have empty next syndrome their friends have moved on long ago.  I have dropped 2 long term friends like this and when they do eventually remember me (and they have occasionally) - sorry I am busy elsewhere.

I suggest you start putting several things in place so you are not dependent on any one thing.  This could be volunteering,  joining a group with a common interest,  dog walking.  Basically whatever you are interested in. x 

• Posted

Hi Sue

im sorry to hear you feel such desolation, I don’t want to insult you with platitudes but please believe me I understand and have been there, indeed I’m not far from where you are now but my circumstances are slightly different.. I’m wondering if you have  talked this through with your GP? Are you on medication to ease some of your symptoms? Are you under the care of your local mental health team? Both can offer links to support groups (which really can help) befriending services, charities that may be able to offer some support - there are many people out there suffering from loneliness - its becoming a very big issue in society and having a massive impact on mental health. I was once a very sociable “out there” fit and healthy person and now I’m bedbound with physical I’ll health which has utterly tore my life apart, bit by bit over fifteen years and eventually I ended up completely alone, friends, family and all the folk who loved to be around fit and healthy me disappeared slowly. I’m still in a very difficult situation and each day is a struggle but I have the support of my local mental health team and my partner but I absolutely do understand the head space you’re  in... if there is anything at all you want to talk about I’m here. 

‘Wishing you well from the bottom of my heart x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.