Suicidal thoughts with bipolar?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone randomly get hit hard with an overwhelming fear and urge to kill yourself? Like bad.  Nothing I do helps, I can’t just breathe or relax, it’s severe and if it wasn’t for my partner I wouldn’t be here. I don’t want to die, but when I’m hit with these attacks my body takes over. I’m on Prozac 40mg but think maybe I need a mood stabilizer or anti psychotic. I’m just scared and feel alone

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Brook

If Bipolar there are medications to stablise the mood, talk to your GP.

If you feel Suicidal contact NHS iN FORMATION LINE ON Tel 111. explain how you feel and they will assist and arrange help

You can also try Samaritans they will listen and assist. However when possible your GP in there to help with your needs.

Try and learn how to calm yourself, Mindfulness a Relaxation Technique that may help

BOB

• Posted

Hi, I know this a month old, I don't get an urge to kill myself but I do get strong urges to harm myself, it's almost like a relief, I cut my thighs if I do it I also frequently want just to let life pass me by and just stay in bed as I know I am safe there xxx

• Posted

Brooke

Have you seen your GP recently ?

If not please go talk with Him, again and ask for help.

Your GP needs help in addressing your problems, so you can get help and address your Self Harm. and any fears you may have, that is not allowing you to get out of bed

Please go and see your GP, always here to talk.

Do you have any idea why you cut ??

BOB

• Posted

I don't know to be honest as I said its like an instant relief at times I can't get out what I want to say or explain something properly feel bad and stupid a few days later afterwards,I don't do it as much as I did previously, I don't have a great GPS unfortunately. This is daft but I got a labradoodle and she has helped me so much xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.